Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!  Bailey's Home Quilter question >

Help! Bailey's Home Quilter question

Help! Bailey's Home Quilter question

Old 03-04-2011, 06:14 PM

I just got my Baileys home quilter, a week ago now. I find it difficult to remember to put the foot down and when I did that it left a big mess on the back of the quilt and jammed it almost every time, it was frustrating. When I first put the bobbin case together, I tried to put it together wrong. Make sure after you put the round fork part in, then put the next piece with the flat side out, I was trying to do it the opposite way and remember to put the pin-like raised point in center and the other 2 sides, move the flaps over top of the raised pin-like areas. When you put the bobbin in it clicks into place. I have finished my first quilt now, didn't do any fancy work, just stitched in the ditch. I have it on my bed and am very happy with my quilt I finished. My husband likes it too.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:50 PM

Janny40, good job working out all the kinks. I love quilting with my Bailey.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:21 PM

Default charmar100

I just got my Baileys Pro 17 a week or so ago and had all kinds of problems with it. It turned out to be the thread kept coming out of the lifter and then that took it out of the tension springs. I was so frustrted I wanted to send the machine back. Then my husband put shrink tubing on the lift and it started working. I was able to quilt all weekend. I decided to practice again this evening before I put a real quilt top on the frame and now, the machine will not sew. It runs and I can pull the thread up, make a stitch or two, then it starts sewing long stitches and pretty soon there is no bobbin thread. I have removed the bobbin and took the whole case apart, reassembled it and no luck. Any suggestions for what I am doing wrong?
Old 04-22-2018, 12:14 PM

I am new to the longarm quilting also and I purchased a Baileys Pro 15 off craigslist with a frame at a really reasonable price. When I first started it up I was haveing the issue of the nesting underneath and it was a tension adjustment that fixed mine. But then one of the sensors was bad and had to wait for that to come in. It finally did and now I have an issue with the needle gettin jammed in the down position. It does fine in the beginning then all of a sudden it just the needle jams in the down position and I have t remove the whole bobbin assembly to release it. I have changed the needles plus broke a few. The needles I am using is what came with it. The manual I have does not specify what size needle. Can anyone help. I have tried I think eveything. But Im new to this longarm stuff so I might be missing someing. Thanks and sorry for long post.