Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I'm having buyer's remorse...... help me!!! >
  • I'm having buyer's remorse...... help me!!!

• I'm having buyer's remorse...... help me!!!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:02 AM

Just enjoy it and don't worry. I bought a Sweet 16 and love it so much. Then I found out I'm sick and wish I hadn't bought it. But I still use it every week. Just have a good time with it and don't worry about what could have been or what might be. Today is all you really have.
    Old 07-19-2012, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jim
    Congrats ...its been a long time coming. Happy for you...It's the waiting time thats causing you all the stress..once you get it you will be so excited to jump in and start learning your new purple baby....(HEY! Barney is purple and a male...doesnt seem to have any problems holding a job...LOL...sorry just had too) We had reservations about ours between the time we wrote the check and the time it was delivered...after that it has all been great. Congrats again you will love it....sounds like a Barney to me...LOL
    Hey Jim!!! I actually thought about calling it Barney!!! Maybe I do have a Barney. When I see it, and drive it the first time..... I'll know for sure!
    Old 07-19-2012, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by donnalynett
    If it was a male machine it probably wouldn't work when you wanted it to, it would spill oil on the floor and your quilts, etc......Just kidding guys!
    Heheheeh!!! You may be right!
    Old 07-19-2012, 04:23 AM

You are like me, always second guessing yourself. Just take a deep breath and go for it. Don't get discouraged if you aren't an expert in a week! Do you know anyone with a longarm that can help you? Also try utube, there are videos of everything else on there.
    Old 07-19-2012, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by qwkslver
    Just enjoy it and don't worry. I bought a Sweet 16 and love it so much. Then I found out I'm sick and wish I hadn't bought it. But I still use it every week. Just have a good time with it and don't worry about what could have been or what might be. Today is all you really have.
    I hope you get well and get to feeling like using your new machine. None of us are gauranteed a tomorrow. So, I guess we just have to live for today! That is what I keep telling myself. Life is precious. But, it is just a TRIAL run preparing us for our real life to come. Blessings to you. Thanks for your encouraging words.
    Old 07-19-2012, 05:36 AM
    Power Poster

Oh congrats!!!!! You will do just fine!!!! I think it is very normal when making this type of investment to feel remorse. I felt this way when I purchased my machine and frame!!! I was so scared and now I love it and am learning so much!!!! Relax and enjoy!!!!
    Old 07-19-2012, 06:03 AM
    Power Poster

Wow, 30" is one BIG machine. Are you getting a computerized one? Congrats on the machine. Just practice and you'll be fine.
    Old 07-19-2012, 06:03 AM

Contrats on the purchase! And hey, if it's a male machine, it can join Frank (mine) and they can chat about how women don't do anything, but make the MEN do all the work! (hah!)

Shay
    Old 07-19-2012, 06:15 AM

my sweet friend, ive named mine Martha already and i dont even have one yet! oh i cant wait! i have all the excitement bottled up and bursting for you!!! you CAN do this AND you will be fantastic at it! don't you worry! your dream is one step closer to becoming a reality and the first time you turn it on in your home you will feel the joy. everything you set your heart out to do you succeed with flying colors. anyone who can hand quilt the way you do can run a machine with your eyes closed. you got it in the bag!
    much love, ole green eyes over here :P
    Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
    I haven't named her yet because I haven't seen her yet. But, don't worry. She'll have a name. I'll know it when I meet her. Golly, I said her didn't I? Geezzz what if they send me a guy? Do they even make male machines?
    Old 07-19-2012, 06:21 AM

It will take a little practice, but you will get the hang of it. I really like the feeling of being able to finish my own quilts. You will too. Just practice, practice, practice!