Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-18-2012, 01:11 PM

I recieved a very nice package from my SP on Saturday. It came from California. It didn't have a screen name on it so I don't know who to thank but I love it!!!! I will try to get a picture later.

If you live in Washington State and haven't gotten your package yet it might be my fault...I am sorry but I didn't get it in the mail until yesterday. You soon have it very soon. I hope you like everything :-)
Old 07-18-2012, 02:17 PM

Mu USPS tracking slip says my SP will get her box today. Yea!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:12 PM

Wow I did not log in for 2 days and had ten plus pages to read. Great packages coming in.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
Well, my account @ USPS still has no record of the package so much as being received @ the PO, let alone shipped - but I just got an e-mail showing proof of delivery. Phew! Good thing, as I think my SP is going away...
~hmmm.... are you my secret pal? if so, i look forward to getting your package when i get home on monday. so hold on just a little bit longer.

~this heat wave is just unbearably hot. 29 days at 90+ but mostly 100+ temps. the corn crops here have been declared a disaster area. the farmers in missouri said the corn that should be 12'-14' feet tall is barely 3' tall. several jurisdictions are considering water restrictions and in the news today it was said mo is at high risk for wildfires. what a high heat mess. i am on my way to tennessee so i wonder how hot it is there.

~lori so sorry to hear about your neighbor. it's sad to think he thought to take such a permanent solution to perhaps a temporary problem. suicides leave those behind feeling so guilty wondering why and what could have been done differently. i was at a training session recently and there was a vet there talking about suicide and that if he didn't have his cat he would do it and then he started in with taking others with him and that he has killed before for the military and know how to do it. the receptionist thought he was joking and blew him off and i told her to call security to come talk with me. i was uncomfortable the entire time i was there thinking just maybe he could come back. this economy has been brutal to some and then there can be unrevealed health problems.

~very nice packages all. i see a lot of new names in this swap. i wonder how many first timers played along this time. wonderful packages flying around. when i get home from my trip i will have more time to focus on them. gosh i am not sure how i would live if i wasn't juggling 15 different things at one time.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

Received a wonderful package from Nelco (Nelda) and this was her first time in the swap. She sent me several pieces of fabric, will use the crab fabric in I Spy quilts, 2 patterns from Joann's, a note cube, a batik little purse for credit cards, post cards from Oregon, storage containers, storage envelopes, photo album and a bag of peanut m&m's. She also sent some things for donating organs. Thanks again for your gifts.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:47 PM

Peg, i am happy you like the pkg.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:06 PM

THANK YOU SP swapper marcealee.... Got many pieces of fabric, notions, .... I am sorry I can't recll all that was enclosed, been a a couple of weeks but I do appreciate the box. AND the ANGEL RENEE who sent my Sp her box this month. I just couldn't get my act together and she stepped in for me . BLESS her and all of you gals.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:09 AM

Lori so sorry about your neighbor. I too had a neighbor that did that. He just couldn't handle having cancer. I even saw him laying in the yard after he shot himself in the head. So very sad. Many years ago I had a cousin that wanted out of a marriage. He felt the only way to do that was to commit suicide. That is the worst. He was like a brother to me. I still think about him daily. Yes, the family and friends left behind suffer and it is hard to understand. Take care. Praying for his family, especially his grand children.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford View Post
THANK YOU SP swapper marcealee.... Got many pieces of fabric, notions, .... I am sorry I can't recll all that was enclosed, been a a couple of weeks but I do appreciate the box. AND the ANGEL RENEE who sent my Sp her box this month. I just couldn't get my act together and she stepped in for me . BLESS her and all of you gals.
Jan! {{{{GF}}}}, good to see you back!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Banned

According to my delivery confirmation in an email; my SP's box
was delivered yesterday at 2:09pm.

Hope she likes everything that I sent.