Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for feed back. >

Looking for feed back.

Looking for feed back.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:05 AM

thank you the color is just from old stuff shirt thing that was giving me. It is not balling up all the time and I never know tell Im done if it did lol. All the help here I will get it thank you.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:36 AM

I agree with those who suggest pulling your threads tight before you make those first few stitches. Mine makes the exact looking mess if I forget to do that. Even though the knots are on the bobbin thread side, in my case, it is actually the top thread that has pulled down and knotted up, as I learned from ripping them out. LOL
The best solution I have found is the use of leaders and enders.... either small scraps or pieces from another project that you can sew at the beginning and end of each stitching session.
When these won't work, then holding that top thread tight does the trick for me. Good luck!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:48 AM

When I have problems I always rethread my machine and also check the bobbin. I always make sure when I stop my work my thread lever is in the up position. If it isn't it can un thread itself or break the thread and of course cause problems. Your quilt is very pretty. Hope all works out for you.

Donna Mae
Old 07-23-2012, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Donna Mae View Post
When I have problems I always rethread my machine and also check the bobbin. I always make sure when I stop my work my thread lever is in the up position. If it isn't it can un thread itself or break the thread and of course cause problems. Your quilt is very pretty. Hope all works out for you.

Donna Mae
Good advice, check out this site for the benefits of "Leaders n Enders" http://quiltville.blogspot.co.uk/200...-and-hows.html also make sure as a newbie use the same thread top and bottom and GREY thread is the best one ever when you don't know what to use, it blends it with all colours. BTW Well done on a lovely 1st quilt I hope you are proud as you should be.