Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm having buyer's remorse...... help me!!! >

I'm having buyer's remorse...... help me!!!

I'm having buyer's remorse...... help me!!!

Old 07-19-2012, 06:36 AM

I purchased a top of the line Pfaff embordery (sp) machine and I had buyers remorse for quite some time. Now that I have been using her I don't know why I didn't buy a new machine sooner. She makes sewing so fun! I am sure once you start using your new machine you will love it too.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:40 AM

I bought mine used,sight unseen and worried too. I just took a class with Pam Clarke to learn how to start free motion quilting. If you have a chance to take aclass from her she is fantastic. I have had my frame for 3 years and had tried pantographs but wanted to more and I think she has inspired me to go for it.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 AM

Once you get that baby and start working with it you will stop having buyers remorse.... Did you ever feel that you couldn't quilt? or even sew? Yep, you'll do just fine....
Old 07-19-2012, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
I haven't named her yet because I haven't seen her yet. But, don't worry. She'll have a name. I'll know it when I meet her. Golly, I said her didn't I? Geezzz what if they send me a guy? Do they even make male machines?
Yes they do make male machines. I also have a Nolting and you will find the service is out of this world. Join the Nolting group. I was SUPPOSED to get a 12 foot table but when I went to pick it up she said the box was mismarked and it was a 10 foot. (Used) As soon as somebody traded for a smaller table because of downsizing or whatever I was supposed to trade back with her.Long story short I still have my 10 foot and wish I had a 12. I make king size quilts and like them to go down the sides. Sigh. When I first got it I was so excited/scared I could hardly sleep.It's a LONG learning curve but the words practice will become your mantra. Get yourself a dry erasure board and practice and doodle. This builds muscle memory that will help you later when you get it
Old 07-20-2012, 02:59 AM

Congratulations on your new baby! I just got Queenie the end of March & have done about 6 quilts on her so far. Buyers remorse? Nah...just nerves & excitement! Once those boxes show up on your doorstep, the excitement will take over. I agree with some of the others, take some classes, get a dry erase board & practice! You only get better with each quilt that you do. Don't forget to breathe! It's a learning curve, for sure, but aren't we always learning something new in quilting? You'll do fine, just relax & enjoy!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:59 AM

I am LOL! I just purchased one about 4 weeks ago and had the same feeling. I could hardly wait to get my hands on it though. Nothing went wrong. Belive me, after a year of nothing going right, I had great fears. I have quilted one quilt and a table topper piece. They turned out very nice. No I am not a pro, but I liked my results. I practice drawing on paper what I was going to do on the quilt. Thus training my muscles first. That helped. I purchased the Babylock Crown Jewel with Quiltmotion and Quiltcad. So I did one FMQ and the other I let the computer do. Just get in there and play with it. You will have fun! I really love my Crown Jewel. I do need to give her a name.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:19 AM

Visited the Nolting factory yesterday. I think you will be very happy. The people there were fantastic and they will
be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:40 AM

Congratulations! You will get over your fear with practice. I still get frozen with fear when I just haven't quilted in a while. I think that's normal. Let us know when you get started!
Old 07-20-2012, 03:57 AM

me too,all of the above.you'll do great.after a short time,she'll feel part of you.an extension of your arm.I learned with paper and pen.the brain doesn't know the difference between pen and paper and long arm and fabric.just start doodling.look at designs on everything and copy them.and yes,BREATH.YEAH for you.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:25 AM

Awe, it's going to be great! Can't wait to see your quilts!