Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-20-2012, 12:32 AM

Hi Lori,

So sorry I had to post this here, but your mail box is full! You are right that I have not received yet, but I have mailed. I am so busy with school ending and packing for our trip to France and Italy that I forgot to mail you to let you know that I posted.

So so sorry!!!!!!

Hugs

Caroline
Old 07-20-2012, 04:49 AM
Swap Hosts

Lisa that is a knockout sampler. Would love to see a larger photo of it. Looks like there is embroidery on there, too?
Old 07-20-2012, 05:12 AM

Good morning all! My internet was down all day yesterday so couldn't post. Received a wonderful pkg from Quilty-Louise packed full of so many great things! My phone is charging so will post a picture soon. Thank you again Louise for everything, especially all the wonderful homemade goodies! Too beautiful to describe, hope the pictures will do them justice!
Lori, tried to send you a pm and your box is full.
Off Topic - Praying for those from the shootings at the Batman movie in Co. so awful!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:04 AM

Hi Lori,

This is a two fer message 1 to let you know I received my package and 2 to THANK YOU for my package. Boy girl for someone that was not feeling well you did a great job. Let's see if I can list everything: 2 year calendar, 3 Debbie Macomber books (that I have not read), Jar gripper (I'm always looking for this to because I never put it back where it belongs for the next time), Iron-on Hem tape, six different project sheets, 3 large pieces of material (1 has cabbage roses on that I will use for my BOM from Craftsy, 1 pasley print (LOVE the colors), and a Tinker Bell piece that I just love as I collect Tinker Bell stuff (I have to find the perfect pattern for this piece). A Craft stick clue stick. A photo braclet kit to make a braclet that I can put photos of my new kitten in. An Ameriacan Profile Hometown Cookbook that I'm sure I will find many, many recipes in. Two packages of recipe cards. That cheesecake looks so yummy on the one pack and the Herb-Roasted Chicken on the other was also yummy looking. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the Gummi lifesavers and the smarties. I can't remember if I had everything out of the box before I had a pack of Gummi's open. And speaking of the box I bet you didn't realize that you were sending a present to the Kona Snow (the new kitten). I had the box on the sofa and he was inside it in a flash peaking out at me then it was on the floor and he was hiding his fuzzy balls in side. I think I listed everything, so everything you sent was beyond perfect.
I hope your feeling better and try not to over do it to soon.

Thanks again,
Donna C.
dconroy84

Old 07-20-2012, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
thank you toomanyufo's for a wonderful package, I will post a pix later.
Lori tried to pm you but it said you needed to empty some messages.
Glad you liked the pkg. I would have sent your dog more bones, but when I reached into the box there was only 1 whole bone and a lot of pieces. When our dogs heard me into the box of bones it was all over, they all had to have a treat. We have 2 black labs, 2 standard poodles and a pekingese. They got the broken pieces, guess it is time to buy more.
Checked and I have plenty of room for messages, not sure what happened.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:25 AM

Got a PM from my pal and her package arrived. it is Reginalovesfabric. If she doesn't post pictures before next week, I will. I hope that is OK!!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Swap Hosts

OFF TOPIC ALERT: ToomanyUFOs, I was thinking about you yesterday. Went grocery shopping and my first sticker shock was the only corn they had ... $4.99 for five scrawny ears. A sign of things to come, I guess. Then I sauntered over to the seafood counter. No bargains there. The lobster was $11.99-14.99/lb. Maybe you guys aren't getting the right prices, but they sure are making a big old profit.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Banned

Darlene,

I am glad you liked everything that I sent to you. Thought about sending
you some 2-1/2" strip scraps (to use and filler for the empty spaces), but
as you can see I didn't.

When you sent me the pm this morning to thank me you had also made
a mention about the tragedy in Colorado and asked me if that was very
near me.

Like I told you in my reply I had no clue at the time what you was referring
to. A few minutes later I left for work and turned on the radio in my car to
hear about that sad news about another mass shooting in Colorado.

OFF TOPIC:
So with that said here is some information:

The shooting happened across town from me about 10 miles or so, not
exactly sure how far since I AVOID that area town.

It is tragic to hear that Colorado is once again in the news because of
big shooting, but believe me Colorado is NOT a bad (except for the cold)
place to live or visit.

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Good morning all! My internet was down all day yesterday so couldn't post. Received a wonderful pkg from Quilty-Louise packed full of so many great things! My phone is charging so will post a picture soon. Thank you again Louise for everything, especially all the wonderful homemade goodies! Too beautiful to describe, hope the pictures will do them justice!
Lori, tried to send you a pm and your box is full.
Off Topic - Praying for those from the shootings at the Batman movie in Co. so awful!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:33 AM

Lori, tried to send pm to answer your question, will try later, as stated it was full. Also prayer being said for your neighbor, his family and all of you who knew him.

Also prayers for all on here with health and healing needs.

Burn tip if you burn your hand, fingers, skin remedy to prevent blistering is to run cold water for 3 full minutes. Time it as it will be longer than it will seem like.

leiladylei, your neck warmer looks like the neck cooler to me...soak in cold water for, I think, 20 minutes, little poly beads soak up water, then tie around your neck to keep cool. ~maybe cooler was what you meant to type~

Very good idea to let Lori know if you are going to be away, and maybe post on the board.

And speaking of posts-sent my package on the 13 but not delivered yet, it went west of me, and did stay in the U.S. confirmation not showing it delivered yet. So if you are west of me and haven't gotten it yet maybe you will be getting it soon.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 AM

I have a pass it forward today. It's time for me to renew my subscription to McCall's Quilting and I have a free 1 yr. sub to give away. If any of you are interested in receiving this please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject line mq sub. Please include your QB name. I'll draw this Aug. 1 and announce the winner and get real name, address, etc. I have given out 2 of these this year to gramiebj and nurse bonnie. Good luck.