Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you make with your embroidery machine? >

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

Old 02-19-2012, 04:56 PM

I bought a stand alone Brother embroidery machine. Didn't want to go too big until I knew I would like it. I do use it but not a lot although I have a friend doing the embroidery now, so feel I will use it more, but I am happy with the stand alone, not a huge investment and does a lot.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:29 PM

I love the pictues and the quilt top. I have a sewing/embroidery machine and have never used the embroidery.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Banned

I quilt small quilts using the cd's from The Stencil Co. They are one line quilting designs and not the traditional embroidery designs. Just hoop up and press the button. For those who have the older Bernina (about 12 yrs ago) the quilting designs built into the machine are those I designed. Bernina also released a series of digitized quilting designs in a rag qult kit that I originally designed for them.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:42 PM

I have combo machine and I really don't use it much. Last year, I had someone that wanted pillowcases with thier names on it. That was the last time I've used it.
I don't even know if I could even remember how to switch my machine back over to do embroidery....lol.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:43 PM

I LOVE my embroidery machine: Have a gazillion designs (at least!) :-) I want to see what they look like, so I stitch many of them out on a nice weight muslin. Cut them into various size blocks and make quilts - among other things. I'll try to find some pictures.
These Crazy quilt blocks (and I have 7 others (all different) to go with it that I'm doing from a yahoo group that I am a member of.

Nita in FL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313635[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1539 (Small).JPG
Views:	224
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	313635   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2190004 (Small).JPG
Views:	527
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	313636   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2190001 (Small).JPG
Views:	534
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	313637   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2190003 (Small).JPG
Views:	526
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	313638   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1190006 (Small).JPG
Views:	531
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	313639  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1190007 (Small).JPG
Views:	476
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	313640   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1240029 (Small).JPG
Views:	537
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	313641  
Old 02-19-2012, 06:43 PM

I have a Embroidery machine and don't use it every week with quilting & working 40 hrs. I put Embroidery on towels & shirts but I mostly use it in making things for G-kids. Most recent things for G-Kids are Library bags W/book worm & G-kids names embroidery on them. Small tooth fairy bags W/toothfairy embroidery on them (3 out of 4 G-kids are losing front teeth).
If I was going to buy a embroidery machine I would first shop around alot. Then buy the one with the biggest hoop you can afford hopefuly at lease a 5x7. Also check with the Board for their advise. When I bought mine it was before I knew of the Board & I would have asked for their input. I didn't shop around but I was lucky the local Jamone dealer was very helpful. I do know there is more to machine embroidery then I ever thought. I had no clue what I was getting into but I'm glad I did. If you decide to buy a embroidery machine this Board can be very helpful. Let us know if you decide on getting one & what you get.

Linda
Old 07-21-2012, 07:28 PM

I make a lot of pillowcase, for the great nieces and nephews I like to take ,the cuff part before I put it together and make it special. example, Disney stuff, cat in the hat with that fabric as the body. I have the "Cars fabric from the movie" will put a white cuff and embroidery cars on that. I have 15 great nieces and nephews, I do that as well as Aprons for the adults. I also make a lot of pillowcase for cancer patients, so there is a lot to do with the embroidery, I didn't pay what I did for my machine to let it sit. I also have two other sewing machines that I use for general sewing.
For any one who has an embroidery machine that doesn't use it, go to a sewing machine shop, they all have lessons or will help you get started, that is all it takes. Make friends with another people that are on this site that embroideries, they will help you also, I have made a couple of nice friends from this site and we live thousands of miles apart, but still help each other. If you need help on something, fell free to PM me, but make sure to tell me that you got my name thru QB. Nancy, alameda,ca
Old 07-21-2012, 07:35 PM

I make a lot of pillowcase, for the great nieces and nephews I like to take ,the cuff part before I put it together and make it special. example, Disney stuff, cat in the hat with that fabric as the body. I have the "Cars fabric from the movie" will put a white cuff and embroidery cars on that. I have 15 great nieces and nephews, I do that as well as Aprons for the adults. I also make a lot of pillowcase for cancer patients, so there is a lot to do with the embroidery, I didn't pay what I did for my machine to let it sit. I also have two other sewing machines that I use for general sewing.
For any one who has an embroidery machine that doesn't use it, go to a sewing machine shop, they all have lessons or will help you get started, that is all it takes. Make friends with another people that are on this site that embroideries, they will help you also, I have made a couple of nice friends from this site and we live thousands of miles apart, but still help each other. If you need help on something, fell free to PM me, but make sure to tell me that you got my name thru QB. Nancy, alameda,ca
Old 07-21-2012, 10:05 PM

I like to make a lot of In the Hoop items, as well as embroidering blocks then putting together as a quilt/wall hanging. I also like to make a lot of lace items - table runners, bowls, doilies. I think the use of the embroidery machine is only limited to your imagination, it is a fantastic toy. (I am now onto my 3rd one - all Brothers updating as a new one comes out).
Old 07-21-2012, 10:07 PM

I like to make a lot of In the Hoop items, as well as embroidering blocks then putting together as a quilt/wall hanging. I also like to make a lot of lace items - table runners, bowls, doilies. I think the use of the embroidery machine is only limited to your imagination, it is a fantastic toy. (I am now onto my 3rd one - all Brothers updating as a new one comes out).
Oh nearly forgot I also embroidery all my Christmas cards and have also embroidered toilet paper for a birthday present.