Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Design Foor???? >

Design Foor????

Design Foor????

Old 07-26-2012, 04:32 PM

LOL! i have a design floor also! I just wish i had more space
Old 07-26-2012, 04:37 PM

Well, I use a 4' x 8'of the sealed pink foam insulation for my design wall, purchased at Home Depot for under $14.00 and it's 3/4"-7/8" thick. Put some grey( good neutral color) low loft fleece on it.....pinned and taped onto the backside. Works great and the blocks and tops stick to it really well. Easy to maneuver if need be and it's behind the french door to my sewing room. When the door is open (no a/c on) I can still see what's there. If I need to move it....light weight and easy to move around.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 PM

The floor, bed whatever holds the project. Years ago when I was a volunteer firefighter, I would push tables together and get the guys with long arms to help me.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:05 PM

i have two full size sheets of white foam board i bought at office max. bought flannel sheet set on clearence at kohls, hot glued around the edge on the back and put on the wall. works wonderful and was less than $20 and my blocks stick perfectly.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:08 PM

The floor works great for me, but I have to remember to close the bedroom door because my kitties love to romp through the blocks.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:28 PM

If your wall has lost its stick, either vaccum it or give it a quick once over lightly with spray baste
Old 07-26-2012, 10:29 PM

I had always used the floor until a few years ago when my old knees told me they didn't like the floor and almost refused to let me get up...
Now I use the tables in our rec room...
Old 07-27-2012, 05:24 AM

I have a design wall in my sewing room to use while piecing. But I also use the pool table downstairs. This way I can look down from the landing or loft and get totally different perspectives. I usually leave it for a few days and make occasional changes until I am satisfied. By doing it this way, I have actually spotted an error before finishing sewing it all together.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911 View Post
Right there with you. I do plan on putting up a rod above my sliding doors in the bedroom so that I can have a one. The floor works great for now, just a little hard on the knees
I did this too, using a rod and the Fons & Porter Design Wall http://www.connectingthreads.com/Too...l__D81921.HTML , but the blocks don't stick so well. There is a gap of a few inches between the design wall and the sliding doors. I think if it were more rigid, it wouldn't be a problem. I had thought to use a dot of spray baste, but don't want it to end up sticky. I use the floor mostly.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:19 AM

I've just made a design wall, very affordable to make it. Just use flannel fabric or a flannel sheet hang it taught with 2 pieces of strapping and tack it to the wall. Think the entire wall cost me about $15. I got tired of laying my quilt out on the floor and having an animal walk over it or lie on it, lol. Not to mention the best place for me to lie it out on the floor was in front of the tv and if someone was watching tv...oh boy. LOL