Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group

Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 PM

Thanks Jacquie for your kind and encouraging words. I AM doing a happy dance tonight as the dresses are officially FINISHED!!!!! My dance was dampened though as our dog was attacked tonight (the 2nd time by the same dog!) and she's hurting. We've talked to the vet numerous times tonight and we're just letting her rest tonight and take her in the morning. She has two noticeable puncture wounds (one on her upper leg and this is causing her to limp) and her eyes are soooo sad. I hope she's better in the morning. Tomorrow our daughter, son-in-law and baby granddaughter are flying in from Phoenix so I'm looking for a brighter day and some sewing time that is fun!!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:21 PM

I sure hope your dog feels better in the morning, how sad.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 PM

i am so sad for you all and your gorgeous wee 'fur baby'!!
she's probably been very traumatised by the attack and yes, also very sore!
i really hope something will be done about this other dog!!!!
hugs to you all!

we got a new cat yesterday, her name at the shelter was 'peggy' lol...
lucky 'ole 'peggy' had been there for 8 months. she's lovely though!! everyone else who went for a cat picked the younger cats or kittens over her... i can't think why, as she has a lovely nature, and has settled right in here!!!!
i'll take a pic later, right now i'm off to work

hugs all!!
xxxxxx
Old 07-27-2012, 06:38 AM

tildiemae - puppy prayers from me and my furbabies!!! I hope that she is doing better this morning!!!

jacquie - she wasn't taken, because she was meant to become a part of your family. She was just waiting patiently for you to go get her. Can't wait to see pictures.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:27 AM

That has happened to our little Jasper before. Heating pad for aches, aspirin for pain (carefully of course like 1/2 to 1 tablet) and just some love. As long as the puncture would is kept clean, should heal. One time my old dog Shortie got cut by a kid down street, the vet just left the wound open and it healed so much better than if he had done anything to it. Hope all is good tildiemae with the baby. Looking forward to my grownup block from you. I havent finished my order for the blocks yet so this will be terrific!!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:33 AM

here's pic of our new gal!!! such a friendly wee thing!!! we love her already!!
ps, this is 'Terrie', named by heather as she is crazy about 'Terry Patchett'... (she even has his signature tattooed on her wrist!!!)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	terrie.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	351796  
Old 07-28-2012, 07:39 AM

HURRAY.....I finished all the blocks and mailed them all this morning!! I thought I was doomed yesterday as I had only three blocks to finish and the electricity went out! I couldn't believe it...it must've been a major problem as it didn't only affect our town but others in our area...WOW!! You quickly realize what you can and can't do without electricity!!! Anyway, they are done. I hope you all like the choices I picked! The update on our Maggie is she is doing better. Her limp is getting less but her eyes still look sad! When our daughter arrived she hobbled to the door just a wagging her tail...almost brought tears to my eyes!! Well, it's been great to 'get to know' everyone and it's an awesome experience to swap with so many people and from all areas of the world and the USA. I look forward to seeing everyone's finished quilt and many, many thanks from the bottom of my heart for your time and talents to make each of my blocks! I'm now off to our quilting group's sewing day....last night I attended an embroidery class sponsored by Floriana...my mind was really swimming after I left that. So very informative but I've got a long ways to go to master the embroidery part of my sewing machine but it does look fun to do!! Again, many thanks to all of you!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:40 AM

So cute....I grew up with many cats and we had an indoor cat for 17 years and now I've developed a major allergy to them...I don't even dare pet them but I do so love them....give her an extra pet for me!!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:53 AM

Yippee, Yippee!! got my final block, if I have figured right! LOL this is from Madmsewnsew, Spelled wrong I am sure, but trying to do this quickly. She made my block look just lovely. It is funny how practically everyone fussy cut the lady out, and everyone used fabrics that will go together nicely. Here is a picture of the block just received. I will post a pic of all the blocks together as soon as I get a chance. Been absolutely Crazy busy this past couple of months. I think I will skip the Boom8, but you will surely see me for #9. This has been fun, and everyone is so nice and helpful. Thank you everyone for being a part of this swap. Onalee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AAFinal Fire Block.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	352730  
Old 07-31-2012, 11:24 AM

If anyone is still missing blocks please let me know via PM
Hugs
April
PS tildie I sure hope your doggy is okay!