Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thread for Longarm Machines >

Thread for Longarm Machines

Thread for Longarm Machines

Old 07-28-2012, 09:51 PM

Default Thread for Longarm Machines

Has anyone here used the EssentialPRO thread from Connecting Threads on their longarm machines?

How do you like it? Would you recommend it?

If you didn't like it, don't recommend it, what do you recommend?

I need thread for my machine - don't want to get a business license so I can go to EE Schenk (in Portland, Oregon) and don't want to really pay an arm and a leg for thread.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:30 AM
Power Poster

i love the threads from connecting threads- have used their quilting thread alot for the past couple years- i also purchase Aurafil from Fabric.com and verigated & specialty threads from Superior Threads. all of them seem to work well with my long-arm.
if you have not visited Superior Threads website you should- they have alot of free information- charts that tell you the differences in the threads- what needle to use with each thread- alot of trouble shooting help---a great (resource) site...along with offering a vast assortment of threads.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:11 AM

I have a Tin Lizzie, and King Tut was strongly recommended when I bought the setup. I never strayed from King Tut until my last quilt, which I used Aurafil, and I loved the results. And my machine didn't really give me any problems, but I did have to adjust the bobbin tension just a hair.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Power Poster

I have a Tin Lizzie who is not fussy at all. I have used CT, Superior, Aurafil among others. The CT is slightly more linty but I clean the bobbin area EVERY TIME I put a new bobbin in, so there doesn't seem to be a problem.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:44 AM

I have a APQS machine and I use the Connecting Threads thread alot. It works just fine for my machine. I am like you, --don't want to pay a fortune for thread--and I need to drive 45 minutes to get to a joAnn's to buy thread--So like to order the Conecting Threads colors to have in stock.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:52 AM

I tried the Essential Pro and my Voyager didn't like it. I went back to King Tut and no problems. I don't know what machine you have, but as cheap as it is, you should order it and see if it works. I wish mine liked it, but it was a big hassel. I just ordered some white and natural, so I will use it elsewhere.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

I use the Essential Pro on my longarm (Innova) with no problems at all. The cotton threads can be linty, but not the Essential Pro.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

Essential Pro is 100% poly size 70wt. I use it in my bobbin for regular piecing and for machine quilting on a high speed Brother 1500. If your LA doesn't work good with it try using it for the bobbin. You will save money and it comes in pretty colors to match most all thread brands.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:51 PM

I use the Essential Pro all the time on my HQ, use it mostly for the bobbin as I don't have to fill as often, but will use it also on the top if it is the right color.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:22 PM

Has anyone ever tried the thread from Golden Thread? I'm still a newbie with my longarm machine, but my top thread breaks more than I would like. Wasn't sure if it was my thread, or if I still need to make more adjustments to my tension. Just ordered some King Tut thread to see if that might work better. Haven't tried it yet. What's the best site to order thread from? Thanks in advance!