Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-31-2012, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
Just an FWI, the Demorest shuttles fit the Davis new vertical feed...an accidental discovery I made. Laura
Good to know! My Davis uses a boat shuttle, so I won't be needing it, but maybe someone here will!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I haven't got a clue what I did - I just know it hurts like crazy. What ever I did has been gradual enough and dull enough pain that I ignored it too long - then it got worse. Kind of hard to get anything done. GKs are on their way over and I won't be holding anybody... gggrrrr. I haven't been picking up sewing machines much either.
Miriam, run to a good massage therapist as soon as possible!
If you do not relax the muscles: when the chiropractor puts the “bones” back, the tense muscles will pull it back out. A good massage will increase circulation and faster healing.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm View Post
Miriam, run to a good massage therapist as soon as possible!
If you do not relax the muscles: when the chiropractor puts the “bones” back, the tense muscles will pull it back out. A good massage will increase circulation and faster healing.
Just got done with a massage.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I haven't got a clue what I did - I just know it hurts like crazy. What ever I did has been gradual enough and dull enough pain that I ignored it too long - then it got worse. Kind of hard to get anything done. GKs are on their way over and I won't be holding anybody... gggrrrr. I haven't been picking up sewing machines much either.
Miriam, In old age this is due to weakening of the ligaments and cartilage that support the shoulder. The ligaments are what helps keep the humeral head in the socket. It is difficult for just the shoulder to slip out without some type of force. Here is a very good link to information on dislocated shoulders: http://www.medicinenet.com/dislocate...er/article.htm

Since this dislocation happened so easily for you, you MAY be prone to many more dislocations. My suggestion is to see an Orthopedic doctor.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:07 AM

Miriam, sorry to hear about your pain. Hope you feel better soon. Just let everyone wait on you for awhile.

And an another problem that pops up as we age is osteoporsis. Didn't know I had THAT until I broke my arm in a fall. The doc said a lot of people don't know until they break a bone. Bobbie
Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 AM

I was wondering if you got the machines. I was going to go look in the evening after work, but got a text that she already sold them.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:53 AM

can you machine experts tell what type singer this is in pic? average price? i don't know why i want one of these big monstrous singer machines but i do. lol

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/atq/3176669053.html
Old 08-01-2012, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
OK, Now I put a lot of work into that little motor so I want you to lay the quilts aside and put the machine together. I want ..... no correction ..... I need to know how it works for you. Been waiting for what seems like forever to hear the results. So, no more quilting till you get the motor report done.

Joe
Easy for you to say!! LOL You don't have people standing in the door of your sewing room tapping their foot with arms crossed with the "where's my quilt" look!! LOL :-) Anyway, yes, I will try to get to it this weekend. It would be fun to get it going, so I'll try really hard!!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:48 AM

My sewing room doesn't have a door. Where ever I can find a spot to set the machine is where I sew. Any way, tell them you need them to run you an errand to the fabric shop the farthest from you for a real special fabric or notion or something and they when they are gone, go put the motor on the machine and test it.

Joe
Old 08-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
can you machine experts tell what type singer this is in pic? average price? i don't know why i want one of these big monstrous singer machines but i do. lol

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/atq/3176669053.html
Ask them what size needles it uses. Try $15 -$25 see what happens since they didn't put a price on it. It obviously needs a bit of TLC. In good shape you might give $50