Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 08-02-2012, 03:22 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 View Post
Sorry to laugh! But this was funny! I never heard of defensive driving course through AARP is this something new? Donna
I know they sponsor classes that are live, but this one. EEEEEEEKKKK!!!!! Save me!!!
There are videos of old geezers who have to be 400 years old complaining about how young people drive too fast. Then there are "exercises" to make sure you are "fit to drive" -- these consist of flexing your ankle and turning your head from side to side. My son thinks these are hilarious and makes a point of "exercising" in front of me before getting into his car to go to work.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:24 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
Hi Linny got Pm ready to try a Amish quilt never done one befor so we'll see what happens, wish me luck and hope you like it. Do you have a color you would like it to be ? Juanita
Juanita, got your patriotic block. It's gorgeous! Thanks so much. Pix soooooon!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 View Post
She heard from me! LOL
I decided to go ahead and get solid colors...but there bright, I hope you like bright...LOL

Donna
I LOVE bold and bright!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
Hi Linny got Pm ready to try a Amish quilt never done one befor so we'll see what happens, wish me luck and hope you like it. Do you have a color you would like it to be ? Juanita
Juanita- have a few books on Amish quilts, but I have never made one either so it will be fun.....whatever colors you choose will be great. Linny
Old 08-02-2012, 05:27 AM

Nana Val - It is good to hear you are feeling much better about things. And really nice that Krystyna has a partner for you so you can be in the swap this month.

Paula - your colors looked terrific! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Linda - that quote "My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide." cracks me up all the time and it is also somewhat true. He can't complain about what he does not realize happened. LOL!

Krystyna - a quilt isn't as cozy unless it has some pet hairs sewn in to make it softer!

Well i'm going to be gone for a couple of weeks on a trip to Vancouver Island, BC with our whole family. It's a rarity to be able to lasso all three of our kids. Hope you all have a ball here on the DQ swap! When I get back I want to see a lot of beautiful little quilts being shown off here!

Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 08-02-2012 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Can't type worth a bean
Old 08-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Swap Hosts

Lara, have a wonderful time! I hope it doesn't snow! We'll miss you.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:12 AM

Awww thanks! I'm going to miss you all too - what a funny and nice bunch of ladies we have here!

SNOW? Guess we better add hoodies to the suitcases!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Swap Hosts

Late sign up partner news ....
Dragonfly Nana has taken on an extra partner this month (*clap*clap*clap) and she is none other than GinnyMc -- NinaLemon's mom!
Welcome aboard Ginny!
Handi and Eagleoneowl2u2 are partners ....
And last but certainly not least ....
Tam...Moo and Nana Val are partners!

Oops. One more. The lovely MsCupid804 was going to send an angel quilt to Donna H-M (after all Cupid IS an angel) but Donna wants to make one for her ... so ... TAH DAH ... new partners!

Many thanks to the angels who are sending quilts all over the country!
And to those who disappeared .... well, my momma always said if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all ... so .... can ya hear the silence?

Oh, and just so everyone is clear on this ... it is written in
STONE. So no one even THINK about changing anything.

Last edited by Krystyna; 08-02-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 AM

Oh so sorry ladies, I gave wrong info yesterday regarding the three different Amish counties. According to my book "Amish Wall Quilts", the three main counties are Lancaster County, The Midwest, and Mifflin. My bad, oh just spank me for speaking up. I guess it was a memopause moment yesterday. I just got excited in making my little DQs.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:05 AM

I can't help but sneak a moment here to read about how excited everyone is before I go quilt. Its inspiration and heartwarming to "feel" the joy that these projects bring. Not everyones will be perfect or as good as the top quilters here can do but this is so fun I can not believe in the end that that matters much. The time and energy and goodwill that go into this brings me joy on both sides.. giving and receiving. I can't wait to find mine in the mailbox! Off to sew everyone have a beautiful day. A toasty 90 here today. I am sure hoping for a bit of relief. Maybe next week. Thank God for air conditioning. Imagine this weather in a darned long dress with petticoats (a true lady wore no less than 5)? Uh shorts and a tank top here I come! A fallen woman surely. sigh...