Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oliso Smart Iron >

Oliso Smart Iron

Oliso Smart Iron

Old 08-05-2012, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi View Post
They are aweful. I will never buy another. Mine is very good with steam BUT it does not get hot. I'm getting Reliable next. I am not happy. Oh....mine also leaks.
I bought a Reliable last year, was planning on the Oliso but read several bad reviews. I can't say enough good about the Reliable iron, it was pricey but worth every penny. Mine is the Reliable Digital Velocity.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:33 AM

Mine died one week after 1 year waranty ran out. My walmart iron has been working for going on two years now.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:41 AM

Found mine on ebay, still pricey, but i like mine. It has some quirks and was hard to get accostumed to, but i do like it. Right handed and had rotator cuff surgery on right shoulder, not having to pick iron up each time has been great!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Pds

Went to a retreat and use it there----liked it---however, if you are using the steam feature, the steam runs out fast since unless you sit the iron up, it continues to steam. Other than that, it was a nice iron. Unfortunately, the more irons costs when I purchase them, the less they work, so I now only buy cheap irons that seem to last so much longer. Have a great day!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:13 AM

A friend of mine has one that she uses all the time at home so when she comes on retreats, I am always one step behind her at the ironing board making sure she won't burn the house down. She is so used to hers she now forgets to lift the regular irons up.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:15 AM

As the Consumer Show Manager for Oliso, I would like to thank those of you that love you Oliso! Those of you that have had problems I urge you to contact our customer service dept in San Francisco, which btw...you will get an English speaking person! Please leave your name, phone number, good time to reach you and the serial no from the iron. We do stand behind our product!!

For those that want an Oliso iron...see me at one of the Quilt shows across the US! Manchester, NH, Grand Rapids, WI are the next two I will be at! Really big deal on the TG 1600 at those two shows!!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:22 AM

Thank you for all your comments. I don't know I would use the steam feature so that's not an issue for me. I have a bad wrist and it does hurt my wrist to stand the iron up ever 30 seconds. I think it would be worth it to try! And cpower, I've only been to two quilt shows but neither of them had an Oliso booth. I'm in Maryland, when will you be coming near here next?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:28 AM

I have had several Rowentas and have always loved the performance..it's my brand of choice. BUT-I saw the Olisio at a quilt show and really wanted it for the features. Then I started reading about all the glitches and breakdowns which stopped me cold. I'll pay $100 for a German iron but not for a brand I don't know.
Then I see we have a rep on the board who openly suggests unhappy purchasers call the company and the company will make it good...THAT is worth everything. sooo, now I'm back to thinking about the Olisio. Will have to go to a quilt show around ATL when it arrives and look at the iron again.l
Old 08-05-2012, 06:40 AM

My Oliso works fine. I received it as a gift. I can give you an issue with every iron I have owned. The fact that we all have owned more than one iron seems to indicate that all irons (or a sample of all irons) can cause frustration at one point or another.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:46 AM

When I was looking for an iron, I really wanted that iron, but I went out on the web to read reviews. Most of the reviews were horrible. Iron is expensive with a very short life. Many of the Rowenta got similar reviews. There were positive reviews, but the negative ones out weight the good. I went with a T-Fal iron, and love it.