Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 08-01-2012, 09:56 AM

I have several embroidery machines - my first one is a Brother PE700 (this in my opinion is a peice of junk, sitting in a box) the second one I purchased was Janome, can't remember the model, I gave this to my niece and she uses it regulary, my third one is the Bernina 440EQ, have used it for over 2 years for just embroidery, than I made the switch tp becoming a quilter. My most recent purchase is the Singer Futura that HSN sells, have not had to much luck with this one, at Easter was trying to make the baby a free standing lace basket and on the last panel, the machine chewed up the whole panel and bobbin. Haven't touched this machine since, went back to QUILTING!!! Getting back to the embroidery, I do remember the machines being very picky and the thread used, I found Isacord about the best to use on all the machines. Also after 7 to 8 hours of stitching time, change the needle.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Swap Hosts

Normabeth, I guess there's a machine for everyone. The Brother PE770 was my second machine and I absolutely love it. If you ever decide to part with it, PM me! So sorry you've been having so many issues with your machines. It sure takes the fun out of things.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:28 PM

You owe it to your self to take some classes, we will find out just how much you love to embroidery, these machines are to expensive not to use them. My shop is at least that far away on a good day with out traffic, if I only learn a couple of things that makes it worth it, then you might find others that do embroidery an can help you, people that are also taking the classes, as well as others on this site can help you. This is a great site to find others that embroidery on here.

I have a Baby lock Ellisimo, I love it and it isn't a fussy machine at all, I am sure glad I got this one, it works for me, had a chance to work on the big Bernia 830, that was a very fussy machine, if the machine is fussy you will not use it.

Last edited by nangars; 08-04-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sheesh View Post
Does anyone have an idea of what software extension is for a singer futura embroidery machine? I bought it from HSN and haven't found this info so far. Never had an EM,but many other sewing and also an espire quilting machine, not quite ready for a longarm
I purchased one also and i am not sure either
Old 08-05-2012, 05:31 AM

Singer. I would guess DST.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:03 AM

I am not replying to anyone, just had to vent. I have a diamond and topaz. Topaz is a great little machine works like a charm. Now the DIAMOND is another story. I got it when it first came out. $$$$$. in 2009. It has been in shop so many times. Just picked it up again. This is what I was told. You have used it a lot. (I didn't buy it to decorate dinningroom table. They didn't tell me I could only use 2 hrs a month). Then said I should shut off auto cut, because it makes a mess on the under sided. (this when I went I picked it up. I thank you for letting me vent. This was also the first time they told me to bring the emb. arm in. I am going to try it today and if it doesn't work you may hear me yelling across the country. Have a wonderful weekend. thanks again
Old 08-05-2012, 09:29 AM

I have a embird question. When I open up a design in embird why does it give me funky colors. Why doesn't it match the color of the design? is there a setting I need to change. Really don't care much for this program and looking for a much better friendly user program. Anyways that's my question about thread color...It doesn't seem to matter what I do, it's never the correct color and when you take the design to machine it has those funky colors, so one had better have the color chart for the correct color change...
Old 08-05-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by btiny36 View Post
I have a embird question. When I open up a design in embird why does it give me funky colors. Why doesn't it match the color of the design? is there a setting I need to change. Really don't care much for this program and looking for a much better friendly user program. Anyways that's my question about thread color...It doesn't seem to matter what I do, it's never the correct color and when you take the design to machine it has those funky colors, so one had better have the color chart for the correct color change...
This is a question that I can answer only because I asked it recently of emblibrary.com. They said that the colors are different due to the versions of the designs; .vp3, .hus, etc. They told me that the .VP3 was the closest to the one that they use in thier designs. this is why the colors are different; it depends on the design formats, not all colors show up the same shades
Old 08-05-2012, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by kate henry View Post
I am not replying to anyone, just had to vent. I have a diamond and topaz. Topaz is a great little machine works like a charm. Now the DIAMOND is another story. I got it when it first came out. $$$$$. in 2009. It has been in shop so many times. Just picked it up again. This is what I was told. You have used it a lot. (I didn't buy it to decorate dinningroom table. They didn't tell me I could only use 2 hrs a month). Then said I should shut off auto cut, because it makes a mess on the under sided. (this when I went I picked it up. I thank you for letting me vent. This was also the first time they told me to bring the emb. arm in. I am going to try it today and if it doesn't work you may hear me yelling across the country. Have a wonderful weekend. thanks again

Sounds like you have a lemon and they don't want to admit to it. Heck, I use my Viking se and little baby lock ellure two hours a day everyday all the time!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:50 AM

Thanks bunches romanojg for letting me know this.....sure makes it weird to do these designs...oh well must make sure I have the correct color chart next to machine...I also am using emblibrary designs.