Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 08-07-2012, 11:03 AM

BJolly--- yea!! I sewed yours last night, too. Need to add one more round, then sandwich and quilt. So very tired and sore from packing the house up, I got home last night and I literally collapsed in my easy chair. Got on the sewing machine for about 20 minutes and went to bed!! I will be sooooooooo glad when this move it over!! It has only been 30 years, where DID all this STUFF come from??????
Old 08-07-2012, 11:07 AM

Uhm, 30 years of just living life.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:10 PM

Krystyna, I love that rose quilt! Seriously, who will ever know if it isn't exactly how the pattern called for, I love the colors and the fabric. I think you are one amazing quilter!

I am done with my DQ but just need to put a label on it. I am just trying to figure out which way to go with the label.

Tonight~ cutting out tiny little squares of fabric... I caught the post stamp bug! I have decided to make a quilt big enough to cover the State of Rhode Island with postage Stamps 1.5 inches of awesomeness~

Well I always thought one should reach for the highest goal and then when I fail, it won't matter as much because I will have an amazing quilt that will cover my bed!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:20 AM

Next weekend I am displaying my dolls quilts in a local quilt show and so that people can see where they have come from I have done up this map of the USA and put stars on the states from which I have received dolls quilts and met some amazing new quilting friends. Thought you might like to see the map - maybe I should aim for one from each State
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	QBDolls Quilt Swaps002.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	354296  
Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Swap Hosts

Lynn, what a delightful idea! Love it!
Old 08-08-2012, 04:46 AM

Lyn, You are always doing something fun with your little quilts!! Show us the pictures of the show! The map is a good idea, too. Have fun!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
Next weekend I am displaying my dolls quilts in a local quilt show and so that people can see where they have come from I have done up this map of the USA and put stars on the states from which I have received dolls quilts and met some amazing new quilting friends. Thought you might like to see the map - maybe I should aim for one from each State
What kind of programs do you all have to do this kinda thing????
Old 08-08-2012, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I mailed it! I mailed it!!! YIPPEE! (wheeeeee!). Of course now that its in the mail to my partner she won't even see it for a couple weeks as she is lounging around at her lake house in Rhode Island. I was so excited about the meer fact it was done I HAD to mail it. Goofy me.

I need some of those shorts for hand quilting. Who would like to come over and thread them all for me? I somehow think that nice tapestry needle I can see to use would leave big lake sized holes in a project. Hey, lakes, nature.. Amish love nature, I bet I could have hand quilted it after all. It would be an airy dq, nice and cool with all those perferations You guys amaze me at what you put out for the rest of us to enjoy. Way to go Krystyna.
SURPRISE...haven't left yet and your cute DQ arrived today along with allot of extra's...Thank You Elisabrat love the pattern you used "Lady of the Lake"...that would be me...getting up there now end of wk. Good choice of colors, you did a very nice job.
An extra Thank you for the "Snowman runner/pillow pattern, magazine...love going thru those and finding new things to work on, postcard showing the area of where you live...WOW...talk woods and trees and no local fabric SHOPS!!!! UGH....Would love keeping in touch...will PM you with my email...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5734.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	354360  
Old 08-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Swap Hosts

Teresa, you can probably use Photoshop.

Elisabrat, what a nice quilt ... and the other goodies are so sweet, too. Good work!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Swap Hosts

Off Topic -- Is anyone planning a trip to Joann soon? I am desperately hunting for some embroidered silk organza I found in the red tag section a while ago. I know that different stores have different stuff from time to time so if you can help out ... HEEEELLLLPPPP!