Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
trouble feel my pain >

trouble feel my pain

trouble feel my pain

Old 08-09-2012, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
I'm assuming that in lieu of flowers you are requesting memorials gifts to be sent where?
Oh...this is getting so funny! I'm so sorry for your loss, though. I'm guilty of stuff like this, too.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:20 AM

Awwwww...dirty words.

You might check with your homeowners insurance and see if such an accident is covered.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:52 AM

I did something similar with my heavy duty food processor. Not the same as a sewing machine, obviously, either in cost or need, but I was so mad at myself, so I share your pain.

As someone else said, it may be fixable. I'd have a tech check it out, just in case.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:09 AM

Oh honey, have it checked out before the withdrawal symptoms begin! If it's not fixable, see if he has a used machine that would work for you and keep saving for the embroidery machine. Then you can start saving for a better sewing machine and save the other for a back-up!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:27 AM

I'm assuming that in lieu of flowers you are requesting memorials gifts to be sent where?
I too will be happy to send a memorial gift!~ I just had to share my quite similar story (re: brother machine) my sewing chair slid out from under me sending both me and my little machine crashing to the floor! My daughter came running thinking the whole side of the house had fallen off or that a truck had driven into it and there I am laying in the floor with the machine on its side - still plugged in - lights on- electronic window still showing - the only thing that didn't make it thru the earthquake that I created by landing was the bobbin winder post broke off. P.S. nothing broke on me fortunately. Hope you get your machine fixed or another one soon!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:31 AM

Never give up....Hurry and take the machine to the ER. It's possible to save her.....Modern sew medicine and all. Then when all else fails, I'll send you a fq. LOL. I'll be watching out for my cords from now on. At first I thought I was going to read you took a fall....have no idea what I personally think would have been better, me or the machine.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:37 AM

So sorry for your loss. In lieu of flowers, should we send fabric, thread, patterns???? No, seriously, I really am sorry. That's a terrible way to lose your machine.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:45 AM

Or material gifts LOL
Old 08-09-2012, 10:07 AM

A friend dropped her machine down the stairs on the way to a retreat last year and it looked hopeless but it turned out it was fixable. I'd at least have someone take a look at it.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:27 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by eann View Post
Sorry for your trouble and painful heart....I have similar things and wonder when my children will haul me to the nursing home. I backed into my garage door before it was compiltely up!! Scratched the trunk, popped the rollers off the track and put a few dents in the door. My SNL just shakes his head and proceeds to fix!
I have backed up into my garage door without even opening the dang door. I just turn on my car and put it in reverse and don't even look in the rearview mirror until I feel a big bump. My door has dents. No use replacing it. I know I will do it again. I told my husband never to park anything in the driveway behind my car because I do not look in my rearview mirror. Well, he parked the boat there and of course, I backed into it the first day. His fault completely. I told him not to. Didn't do any damage really. Just scratches...guess to a guy that's damage. Just had to put this in here.