Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Men Quilting >

Men Quilting

Men Quilting

Old 01-29-2007, 12:52 PM

My hubby of 38 years has agreed to help me hand quilt the snail's trail I made for our son's wedding in March. I could use the help, and am glad to get it. We'll see how it works. Wish us luck! 8)
Old 01-29-2007, 02:08 PM

Tim...I don't envy you...I just finished a quilt top that had 240 HST's in it! I thought I would NEVER get done with them! LOL Keep up the good work!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:38 PM

Tim, Your bed sounds fantastic. Does your SO still quilt? We would love to see pictures of your other quilts even though they aren't finished yet. The color combinations sound great. I looked online for pictures of a latilla quilt but I didn't find anything. I've never heard of it.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:20 PM

This is one of the Yellow Brick Roads that is spiffy! The colors really grabbed me and I hope I'll be around for a look see at a picture when it's quilted. This is a neat pattern - one that grew on me. I've made 3 in baby size and no doubt will make several more. I've seen some in batik that were really nice with gold lines thruout - made a special rich looking quilt. You go, guy
Old 02-28-2007, 08:41 PM

Wow to you that your other is intrested in what your doing. My hubby won't even look at what I'm working on. I'm jealous.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:04 PM

If only my husband would quilt! It was his grandmother who taught me, so he has grown up with an appreciation for quilting and an understanding (thankfully) of a quilter's need for a stash! Unfortunately, he is trouble in the fabric store. He picks out all kinds of fabric for things he wants me to make him and is not any help in being my outside cheerleader for self-control! :lol: I have recently taught him to knit, however. Which means no source of self control in the yarn shops either! Needless to say, both stashes are overtaking the house!!! :wink:
Old 03-01-2007, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by angeldncr82
If only my husband would quilt! It was his grandmother who taught me, so he has grown up with an appreciation for quilting and an understanding (thankfully) of a quilter's need for a stash! Unfortunately, he is trouble in the fabric store. He picks out all kinds of fabric for things he wants me to make him and is not any help in being my outside cheerleader for self-control! :lol: I have recently taught him to knit, however. Which means no source of self control in the yarn shops either! Needless to say, both stashes are overtaking the house!!! :wink:
Lucky, Lucky. :mrgreen:
Old 03-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Administrator

although i can't understand why in the world you would want him to stop you in the fabric store ( :shock: ) i guess you could try one or more of these tricks:

1) he can't pick out any fabrics for new quilts until he finishes knitting something for you. even "trade". he can pick for 1 quilt for each knitted item AFTER he has completed it.
2) get him started on a fisherman's knit sweater set. go to the store(s) by yourself while he's distracted working on that.
3) he can't pick out any new yarn until you've finished a quilt. (naaaa ... bad idea. too much pressure already to actually finish a quilt. LOL)
4) my personal favorite - as long as you aren't having to switch to eating cat food, shop 'til you drop!!!

LOL
Old 03-06-2007, 09:29 PM

this quilt is beautiful do you machine quilt or do it by hand that is beautiful dorothy from tenn :lol:
Old 03-07-2007, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by middysmom
this quilt is beautiful do you machine quilt or do it by hand that is beautiful dorothy from tenn :lol:
Ahh... you talkin to me?

If so, that quilt is done by the power of the mighty Bernina 830. Took me a couple of months, it's my first sewing project. I am still waitning to pin it together but that should happen soon.

You will show us some of your work?

tim in san jose