Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
trouble feel my pain >

trouble feel my pain

trouble feel my pain

Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 PM

Thank you ever one for all your support and well wishes. I have a singer trundle machine I got when my mom passed away last year it was my grandmothers and hasn't been used for about 40 years, problem with that my sil was going to restore it but hasn't had time to yet, So that machine is in DesMoines and here I am in KC. I also have 2 older machines that weere my moms but they are also in Des Moines and I dont know if they work I am planning a trip there soon so maybe can get one home but it will be a job as they are both in cabinets, I saw a Brother embroidery machine in Wal Mart for 300 tonight Does anyone use one of them I had my doubts that at that price it could be anygood otherwise I would of bought it as I only want small designs to embroidery and initials. Again thanks everyone for all your support
Old 08-12-2012, 10:04 AM

OUCH!!! My machine is in a cabinet, but that's not to say I couldn't get my foot caught in one of the myriad of cords laying around my feet (serger cord, light cord, iron cord, etc.) and trip myself...and we "know better".
Old 08-12-2012, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by sassey View Post
Today while I was piecing I must of somehow got the cord to my foot peddle wound around my roll around sewing chair. I was just getting up when I heard a big thump my sewing machine ended up on my cement floor. At that point just took a deep breath and went into other room, Aprox. 30 minutes later I went back and picked up my machine the bobbin cover flew off, the light wouldnt come on and of course the machine wont work anymore. i had been trying to save up for an embroidery machine now it looks like I will have to buy a replacement for my regular machine with what little I have saved. I should of know better and should of been more careful.
Funeral services for my Brother machine are pending.
Remember, the Man upstairs fix machines He made and made machines (man) to fix machines they made. So maybe all is not lost.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:16 PM

Oh how sad your sewing machine had a fall!!!
But what a great opportunity to get yourself a new/different one with embroidery. I love mine and know many other gals who love theirs too. If you only want to do small embroidery and letters, I think that the Walmart sized machines are made for just that, altho I'd recommend checking at your local sewing machine shop. They will give you some classes (very important!!), honor the warranty, and likely take the poor old broken one in for a trade.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I have backed up into my garage door without even opening the dang door. I just turn on my car and put it in reverse and don't even look in the rearview mirror until I feel a big bump. My door has dents. No use replacing it. I know I will do it again. I told my husband never to park anything in the driveway behind my car because I do not look in my rearview mirror. Well, he parked the boat there and of course, I backed into it the first day. His fault completely. I told him not to. Didn't do any damage really. Just scratches...guess to a guy that's damage. Just had to put this in here.
I am sincerely sorry about your machine, and send you my condolences. But I have to admit I love your sense of humor and every one else's!!

To add to jcrow's narrative, I have in the past backed into my daughter's car, my husband's four-wheeler, the garage door at my daughter's apartment - all while the back-up beeper in my car was desperately trying to get me to stop. Also, just recently had a little run-in with a light post in a parking lot - which I swear was NOT there when I parked! I think I should get a punch card from the guy at the body shop - you know, when your card is full you get a free dent repair....