Quirky Habits

Old 08-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Power Poster

Neesie, your such a poet at heart!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
All of the light switches have to be in the same position LOL We have a lot of switches that can be turned on or off from more than one place in the home so we have rows of two or three light switches. They all have to be up or down...I will go through the house and flip them all to make them right.
I know I have more but this is one that my husband just doesn't get lmao
HugsApril
I do this, too!
I also count - like when I'm eating grapes or M&Ms- I have to have an even number. If I have an odd number I have to bite one in half so I'll have 2 pieces (back to an even number!) I have no idea why I do this. Thankfully, I can do this in my head so no one knows about it.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:10 PM

I have to have all canned goods in groups, ie; all fruits together, all beans, all tomatoes and sauce, canned milk, etc., same in spice cabinet and they all must be facing where I can read the labels. I am also an "over" the spindle for toilet paper and paper towels. Drives my family nuts!!
Old 08-12-2012, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
This one I don't understand,
"This last one drives my family crazy because I won't fix supper if the sink is full of dishes".
Won't there be more dishes after you have eaten supper?
'
Yes, but it's so much more pleasant to cook when you don't have a mess to work around. I have the same pet peeve.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:57 PM

After I use a washcloth, I must thoroughly rinse it, then wring it out until it's practically dry, before hanging it over the side of the tub (to dry until I gather laundry). It drives me crazy, to pick up a washcloth, that someone has wadded up, soaking wet, and left in the corner of the tub!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Yes, ma'am!!! I was born and raised, in N.O.! Small world, indeed!

I sometimes took home an extra pack of crackers, too! They were always so interesting and we only had Saltines, at home (my grandma had Ritz, at her house. Yum!). It was always an adventure, trying the different crackers; that was probably my favorite part of the meal! LOL Were those tiny "crocks" made of white ceramic? I vaguely remember something like that . . . but was probably too busy stuffing myself with crackers and butter, to pay attention to much else.

Every once in a blue moon, we'd go to the French Quarter and get beignets and hot chocolate (my parents would get coffee). Mmmmmm! I remember having to put on a dress, to take the bus to Canal St., to shop with my mom. Seems funny now, how people dressed up, to go shopping!
Of all the places she'd gone to the world over, NO was my Mother's favorite place on earth... hands down! Her & my Dad took the train down every spring & spent a week. Her first stop? Someplace to get beignets (which she learned to make & would make for me... yum!)! Her second stop? To hear Al Hirt! Me? I'd have found a crawfish boil!!!

And yes, the little crocks were white ceramic or porcelain or something. And were ice cold.

I remember dressing up (& my mom having on gloves & a hat even!) to go shopping. Then we'd go have lunch at the Tea Room & I felt soooooo grown up!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
It's all about the YUM
The YUM for me is bacon. I have a theory... ANYTHING is better with either bacon or a slide guitar... ANYTHING...
Old 08-12-2012, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
since I just LOVE butter, I can remember those little pats with the waxed paper from first grade.
We'd get them with real, hot, fluffly yeast rolls on our lunch tray and I thought they were so cute and I was one happy little mouse
I'd never been away from the rat's nest and experienced real joy before
Our school lunch included homemade peanut butter on fresh, warm homemade rolls... the only reaosn to go to school wa so you could have those! YUM!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
LOL Sorry, Mousie! Okay, picture this - French Quarter Beignets. Little squares of fried heaven-on-earth, covered with powdered sugar. They were hand-cut squares, probably about 3" - 4" across (sometimes more rectangular shaped), slightly sweet, tender, puffy bread . . . just completely covered, with white confectioners' sugar. Pair that with a cup of coffee (or hot cocoa, for non-coffee drinkers). Take a bite. Inhale the aroma of the coffee. Close your eyes and savor the moment. Hear the cooing of pigeons and the distant murmuring of fellow diners. Another bite of beignet. Another sip of coffee. Nothing else matters.

You forgot to add the way the gave away slightly as you first bit into them... oh my...
Old 08-12-2012, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 4cats&aquilt View Post
I do this, too!
I also count - like when I'm eating grapes or M&Ms- I have to have an even number. If I have an odd number I have to bite one in half so I'll have 2 pieces (back to an even number!) I have no idea why I do this. Thankfully, I can do this in my head so no one knows about it.
But of course! I can only eat things in even numbers... one for both sides of my mouth!