Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
P.i.g.s >

P.i.g.s

P.i.g.s

Old 08-12-2012, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
And then there's the Stash Enhancement eXperience from a swap, or yard sale, or guild trade day, etc. .........aka cheap S.E.X

Jan in VA
I love these!!! Pigs & farts & sex... oh my!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:08 AM

Cute comment Fran!!! LOL

Originally Posted by franie View Post
Love it! The pig sty (I mean my house) is full of pigs!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:26 AM

Never heard of FART! Love it! How abou WHIMM? Works hidden in my mind!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:52 AM

I think i need to get my p.i.g.s fixed they are multiplying to fast. I've always finished one project before going on and haven't been able to do that this last year. their breeding is driving me nuts, LOL
Old 08-12-2012, 02:53 PM

I have lots of PIGS. I am working on completing several of them. I have been dying to make a bargello. I spent months searching for fabric for it. I have all of it. I told myself I can't start it until I finish at least 3 PIGS. One only needs the binding hand sewn down. The other 2 don't need much. I just need the time. My plan was to start the bargello this summer. My summer vacation is almost over. I go back to school on the 22nd:-(
Old 08-13-2012, 04:20 AM

I am a founding and participating member of Bad Spellers of the World, but wouldn't P.I.G.S. be Projects In Grocery Sacks? Or am I being a fuss budget. (Yeah, I spelled budget correctly.... this time!) None-the-less, either way works and it seems that many, many of us are keepers of pigs. Do small projects qualify as piglets?
Old 08-13-2012, 04:45 AM

Thanks, QuiltE I printed out the list of acronyms, but I still don't like them. They are very frustrating to new members, as I was not that long ago. I wish they were used less, except for the very familiar ones. Then you could use the whole term in CAPS first and just use the acronyms later in the post.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
Thanks, QuiltE I printed out the list of acronyms, but I still don't like them. They are very frustrating to new members, as I was not that long ago. I wish they were used less, except for the very familiar ones. Then you could use the whole term in CAPS first and just use the acronyms later in the post.
d

Yes, the alphabet soup of acronyms can be frustrating.
The use of acronyms have been rampant in the world for a long time now, so I don't think their use will diminish here on the QB or elsewhere.
So it's best to just keep that list handy.
I too was frustrated at first, and would often subbed the wrong words with an acronym.
Gradually I got more familiar with them ... though every once in awhile, I need to ponder!

Ladies ... I am always looking for more acronyms and quilting definitions to add to the list.
Please post and share.

I will be posting an updated list in the next couple of months including all the additions that I've received since the first posting.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:31 AM

I don't have any P.I.G.'S outside on the farm; but, I sure do have them all over the inside of my house. Jinnie
Old 08-14-2012, 04:37 AM

I definitely identify with this one. LOL