Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

Old 08-13-2012, 04:57 PM

I ordered my fabric from 5bucks a yard.com. They have a really good selection of fabric and Ive gotten a lot of things for under $5! Moda and other brands. I also use the thousand of bolts and only one nut site a lot! I just found out that Im going to be a grandma yet again so Ill be making a baby quilt soon...or maybe two since twins are in both families! They have 3 7 year olds now so what is 2 more! Not sure I want to know if its a boy or girl though. Glad to see some new names joining and so many "old" friends also!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:28 PM

Boomers,

Arheath is a fellow board member. I if you did not see her post about her house burning down, please see attached Thread. I have her name and address if you would be interested in sending her a little something to help re-build her stash and quilting tools.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/personal-diaries-announcements-f12/very-bad-news-t197380.html

Thanks for caring. Phannie
Old 08-13-2012, 06:49 PM

Did I miss the list or something. I have been looking for it. I am already to go and just waiting to see who I get. LOL
Old 08-13-2012, 06:58 PM

April will email everyone the list for their group(s) when the sign up closes ... I think she said in a week or so. She has to get enough people to fill the large group and I know she mentioned a couple folks had to drop out. She'll announce it here also when the lists go out and when to watch for them.

Hope that helps
Old 08-13-2012, 07:50 PM

Still dont know if iam in large or small group ,would like to know so i know what to cut
Old 08-13-2012, 10:55 PM

Getting anxious.. been on a fabric hunt for something I really love. My stash is all tiny scraps so there's going to be like.. 8 different fabrics going out.. haha. I'm boring.. I want to make a blue, black, purple, grey, white.. whatever of those colors quilt and I'm giving it to my friend that i've known for 10 years and she has not yet received a "family quilt".. Our family tends to adopt.. everyone... and of course every family member gets a quilt made for them. She loves blues and she loves the idea of getting a quilt that was essentially made by 16 people. I can't wait.. hurrrryyy uppppp.. c'mon.. I wanna sew while I still have the momentum going. Just finished my first quilt top last night. Started cutting strips for another one tonight.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:58 AM

Congratulations joanelizbay!!! Aren' grandkids wonderful??
Old 08-14-2012, 04:10 AM

I am very sorry to hear about the fire and surely if we each only sent a tiny bit of fabric to her or an extra tool we have laying around or just a card she would so much appreciate it. Currently there is a forest fire going just up the hill from us and its pretty darned scary. I live in the forest and the smoke and smell are very intense. I am praying for all those who live right near that fire. They too are at risk for losing everything. Its such a dry year here in CA. I sure hope we get tons of snow this year. We are high enough up we don't usually get much rain. Maybe today they will put it out.

On a fabric note.. I think that a quilt for your adoptee family member is such a nice thing to do and it will be fun to help you do this. Sharing your love of quilting, you love of well US and then we share it back, one giant love fest of a quilt. There you go "Giant Love" or better yet hows about "the love boat" lol..

and wow, was teasing about adding hot pink and there you go.. and I have hot pink too, and hot green and even purple.. you want it you got it Toyota! Obviously its time to go back to my cup of coffee and actually drink it. Went to bed at 1 a.m. and up at 4:30.. gonna be a long day.

ciao for now fellow anxiety of this little quilt game starting members. I think I am the leader of this disorder. Glad to step down in a couple days and actually start quilting.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:42 AM

StitichingPost I have you down for a small group as you requested. I kept you there so as to not overwhelm you.
I am refiguring group sizes now and believe I only need one for each group to close the swap and begin. Double checking now..be back soon!
Hugs
April
Old 08-14-2012, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
Getting anxious.. been on a fabric hunt for something I really love. My stash is all tiny scraps so there's going to be like.. 8 different fabrics going out.. haha. I'm boring.. I want to make a blue, black, purple, grey, white.. whatever of those colors quilt and I'm giving it to my friend that i've known for 10 years and she has not yet received a "family quilt".. Our family tends to adopt.. everyone... and of course every family member gets a quilt made for them. She loves blues and she loves the idea of getting a quilt that was essentially made by 16 people. I can't wait.. hurrrryyy uppppp.. c'mon.. I wanna sew while I still have the momentum going. Just finished my first quilt top last night. Started cutting strips for another one tonight.
. Shes not lieing,about her mom made me a beautiful quilt,they kind adoapted me too off of here,ana and her mom doez stunnig work, love u both