Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups

Old 08-15-2012, 03:55 AM

Hmmm.. any of those free kittens left? I could throw in a chicken as an incentive fort someone...
Old 08-15-2012, 04:26 AM

I'm going to need LOTS of chocolate. I can't decide what to use. Was going to go with a selection my college princess picked but there isn't enough. HOWEVER we're shopping today and I'm taking her to two quilt stores. Maybe something will talk to us! Send quilty thoughts my way.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:03 AM

I sent a PM, if anyone else is needed. Things have been crazy around here lately.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
I'm going to need LOTS of chocolate. I can't decide what to use. Was going to go with a selection my college princess picked but there isn't enough. HOWEVER we're shopping today and I'm taking her to two quilt stores. Maybe something will talk to us! Send quilty thoughts my way.
Good luck!!! Enjoy that one...what about doing a girlie golf one???

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
I sent a PM, if anyone else is needed. Things have been crazy around here lately.
OH!!! You need to. I was worried when I didn't see your name. Can't wait to see your quilt!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 AM

So my goal coming up in the beginning of September will be to get all my envelopes addressed, stamped and mailed with the f8th out. then my second goal will be to mail each block out when I receive the f8th in. This way I should keep up without sitting and doing all at once. The first time on Boom 6 I was at the last minute because I waited. Had all the fabrics for the blocks but did not cut or make until last very second. The second one, I mailed a couple months early but waited till had nearly all the f8ths and sat down and did them all at once. Goes easier to some point, but not the smartest I think. But this time, since it is my third Boom, going to do it as they come in. I think it will help break up my cycle of all at once. I am trying to decide for sure what to do for blocks. since I am in a large group, maybe you ladies know, can all of these blocks, 35, fit in one quilt? I want to put them on point like I saw earlier in the thread. I really liked that setting. So does that mean also that the fabric should be less active as to allow them blocks to sit next to each other without sashing or will I still need to sash them? Oh the questions are rolling around now and i still have 9 more UFOs to finish this month. Yep, I am behind, customer quilts and show quilts taking up longarm and a beautiful dd making a quilt. of course, there is that canning in there as well. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:42 AM

the one making a quilt is in the graduation gown.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:06 AM

FREE KITTENS REALLY CUTE TINY FREE KITTENS (literally) SIGN up today! They come with an unlimited supply of energy and Chocolate! So sign up today! UPS delivery tomorrow!! MAIL BOX FULL OF FABRIC WITH YOUR NAME ON IT IF YOU ACT TODAY!!! Wait! Dont stop there! Sign up NOW within the next ten minutes for a large group and we will DOUBLE that offer. So act today! dial LOVINGISABELLA for more info on how you can receive this amazing offer too good to be true. This offer due to expire at midnite so get in while you still can.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:09 AM

Beth I was trying to figure out who was who in your avatar Beautiful ladies!
I think all 35 would fit in one quilt if not on point. On point makes the quilt much larger usually so depending on what size you wanted would be what I would use as a determining factor.
Okay so as of right now I have 4 full small groups and 3 (possibly 2 if moonrise confirms she def wants in) to complete the one large. If I cannot get the last 2 or 3 needed how do you swappers in the large group feel about 33 or 34 swappers instead of 36? It will make either 32 or 33 blocks.....
Hugs
April

PS Unless anyone can twist more arms for people to join a large group. Please please
Old 08-15-2012, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
FREE KITTENS REALLY CUTE TINY FREE KITTENS (literally) SIGN up today! They come with an unlimited supply of energy and Chocolate! So sign up today! UPS delivery tomorrow!! MAIL BOX FULL OF FABRIC WITH YOUR NAME ON IT IF YOU ACT TODAY!!! Wait! Dont stop there! Sign up NOW within the next ten minutes for a large group and we will DOUBLE that offer. So act today! dial LOVINGISABELLA for more info on how you can receive this amazing offer too good to be true. This offer due to expire at midnite so get in while you still can.
LOLOL You are way too funny!! I may have to jump in a large group to help dwindle the number needed...
Hugs
April
Old 08-15-2012, 09:17 AM

It does not matter to me if it is less people. I am good with whatever we end up with then if someone notices a little later and wants to join in, then so be it. I think that happened last time on Boom 7 and was great. She made some real pretty blocks. Now if that was a dog in that advertisement, I might be interested. LOL