Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone try to make Vera Bradley  bags? >

Does anyone try to make Vera Bradley bags?

Does anyone try to make Vera Bradley bags?

Old 08-24-2012, 07:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Peepers View Post
http://robinquiltsetc.com/index.html This is a link to Robin Quilts Etc. Click on "STORE" then "BAGS AND TOTES". The last pattern shown is called "The Purse." I've made three of these and they were quick and easy. Right after I made the first one, someone asked me if it was a Vera Bradley.
I bought this pattern at a show, I think it is time I take out the pattern and use it!. I also will try the foam instead of batting.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

I took a Mondo bag class and with supplies, pattern came close to $70. DGD wants a Modo bag made with VB fabric. VB bags are the have to have bags for my teen DGD and her friends. From wallets to book bags, to over night totes. I was looking for VB fabric and Studioe Designs fabric is very close to the colors and print. Most in my guild has the VB purses. I have several that DGD has 'borrowed'. LOL. Dillards sells the VB line now and of course Hallmark. I watch the sales at Dillards and online shops.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:44 AM
BMP

I love VB bags too but I only get them on sale at the website, I cant even make them for the sale price !!!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Late Bloomer View Post
I love the Vera Bradley bags,but not the high prices.l Has any one been able to make a similar bag in style and if so, do y ou have a pattern. Would love to make a few for myself but cannot find a pattern. Any help would be appreciarted.
I agree! I would love to have the laptop backpack, but 1- won't pay that much & 2- my laptop is about 2" too big to fit in it! Anyone know of a pattern similar to this?
http://www.verabradley.com/product/C...s?fromSearch=1

I would love to have one! But, do you realize how many yards of fabric, or number of tools, or how many magazines I could buy with that much money? LOL
Old 08-24-2012, 10:03 AM

I have a few VB products...1 tote, 1 cross body hipster (love for when I on vacation, hands free)

...I just order a backpack, overnigther and ID coin....on sale...I can not make all three (with wonderful fabric) for what I paid for them.

besides...I don't like to make totes/purses
Old 08-24-2012, 11:02 AM

No, I've made other bags and totes but if I want a Vera bag, I will wait for it to go on sale or clearance !!

Last edited by TexasGurl; 08-24-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:24 PM

I considered making a messenger bag for my iPad and other stuff but decided 1. making bags is not my favorite thing 2. it would be costly to make 3. the VB bags are wonderful and already done and not too bad on sale.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

If I like a brand I buy that brand and don't waste time trying to find a substitute that is almost the same, it never is like the original. I keep an eye out for a sale and buy it. I'd just spend the money on something else is my reasoning.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:04 PM

I used to go annually to the big sale in Fort Wayne. Now that they are made in China I just don't buy them at all. I prefer my own designs even if they aren't VB.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:24 PM

I made a bag which is very similar to Vera Bradley. The pattern was called Bistro Bag.