Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Murphy's Quilting Laws >

Murphy's Quilting Laws

Murphy's Quilting Laws

Old 08-26-2012, 09:35 PM

These are all so funny! I can relate to all of them except with the "fur babies".
I have also been happily sewing away in my sewing room when my DH sticks his head in the door and timidly says.."Are you busy"? haha Yeah, I'm busy having fun.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:53 PM

Ha ha - I've also had runaway bobbins, but it's because I didn't notice the thread hanging down to the floor and ran the vacuum over it. That's gotta be THE fastest way to empty a full bobbin!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:14 PM

You get to a class and realize you brought the wrong pedal or plug for the machine you brought.
And one of them won't work!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:28 AM

Saturday night. Need a quick gift. (actually 3) Open a package of precut blocks. Going to make a plant rug. just sew it and bind it. get to the last one only to find out they shorted you one piece.Sew much for standby precut block sets .Also got it on clearance. No returns ha ha Murphy
Old 08-27-2012, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kathy Osterby View Post
Get the bobbin filled with thread only to drop it, cat finds it and the chase is on---allover the house. Ever try to rewind bobbin after cat has had fun?
Most of these speak to me, but this one especially! Mine are sedentary cats, too dignified to chase anything offered to them...until a bobbin crosses their path!

Alison
Old 08-27-2012, 05:44 AM

The jelly roll you picked up on clearance, there was a reason no one wanted it. When you start to sew it all together there's not enough contrast and it sort of blends together and hubby says, "I thought you were going to cut up your fabric to do something" On to the stash to find something with a strong contrast to make things pop.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:47 PM

I like this one.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:22 PM

the on-line order that you place on thursday so it won't come when dh is home on the weekend, gets stalled a few days and shows up the following weekend and is put directly into dh's hands. there he stands, shaking the box, reading the label and waiting for you to take the box and show him all that quilting stuff he is SURE you don't need! BUSTED! ( again)
Old 08-28-2012, 01:35 PM

We were visiting friends (she doesn't sew) last night. Don't know where the conversation was going, but he announced that I was going to "clean out" the sewing room so we could put a guest bed back in there for the kids to sleep when they came over (like for a hurricane). YIKES! What did he mean by "clean out"????? Sorry Mister, it ain't goin' nowhere. Told him the only way I can "clean it out" is if I transfer it all to OUR bedroom.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
the on-line order that you place on thursday so it won't come when dh is home on the weekend, gets stalled a few days and shows up the following weekend and is put directly into dh's hands. there he stands, shaking the box, reading the label and waiting for you to take the box and show him all that quilting stuff he is SURE you don't need! BUSTED! ( again)

Haha...I'm guilty. I watch for the mail on the weekend like a hawk hoping my package doesn't come but wanting the fabric so badly.