Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where is it?? >

Where is it??

Where is it??

Old 08-29-2012, 07:05 AM

There is a place I call "the land of the lost". It holds all of the mysterious "stuff" we just can never find. Once it gets "full" it will shake out some of the excess , and we are happy to find some items that have gone missing. I have a rotary cutter that has been there for a decade , some day it will shake out.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

I think there are gremlins or elves that think they need a certain item and just take off with it to their hidey holes.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:44 AM

The other day I had some green fabric. No one home but me. Now where is it. I was sure I laid it right here.
30 min. later...oh... it's in the washing machine. hmmmm where has my little mind gone?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:28 AM

Lost my calendar last week and felt as if someone had stolen my brain. It wasn't anywhere it possibly could have been. Then I opened a drawer that holds my scrapbooking supplies, supplies I haven't used for months and there was the calendar. You will find your material but no telling where! froggyintexas

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Have you ever misplaced something - and you think you still have it - and can't find it?

I'm looking for four pieces of material that I'm reasonably sure that I still have some of. I can't find any of them - and I've gone through most of my fabrics at least twice!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 AM

I'm willing to bet that it is right under your nose! I recently spent 3 hours looking for a clamp for my quilt frame. I had lost it, found it & instead of putting it where it belonged I put it where I would find it when needed. Ya right! Yesterday I went into my sewing room & there it laid right on top of a basket that I had went through 2 times!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:33 AM

Our rule of thumb is ask a Grand child they find everything! If you don't have one borrowed ones work also. That is why we share our grand children with all of our friends so there is always a young set of eyes looking from a different perspective.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:42 AM

I have a bulletin board where I use post it notes when I find or loose something. Make note to self as to where I put-found things I was looking for last. Like--small scissors with embrodery stuff. My mind can't remember things for too long anymore lol.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:46 AM

Yup, this morning it was my car keys!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:27 AM

If you sent it to me....I'll never tell.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:02 AM

Wink

My dd just asked if I had any leftovers from the rail fence quilt I made her. Found 3 of them, but for the life of me I cannot find the border print. I know I didn't use it all. Oh well. she cannot remember what she was going to do with it now any way. LOL>>>>>>>> she is way too young for senior moments.