Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 08-28-2012, 07:27 PM

brenda21 and debbyg if you need them I have tracking numbers for your packages they left here today ....
hope you both enjoy your little quilts ..... happy quilting .... Crazy Quiltin Robin
Old 08-28-2012, 11:30 PM

Oh my gosh, I would have had a heart attack! Thanks for the addy, it was amazing.

[QUOTE=BuzzinBumble;5468891]
Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post

Nancy - Actually we didn't get to see the city of Vancouver - we were on Vancouver island, across the Salish Sea. We saw Vancouver (city) from the ferry going across though. My DH didn't want to go to the city - he works too often in NYC and has more than his fill of skyscrapers and traffic and crowds.
Why we would have loved to see the Belugas though! Must be some amazing aquarium! Hope you had a great trip!

Near Tofino (on the far side of the island) some lucky folks fishing saw a baby humpack and it breached right by their boat. I think he was just getting a good long look at the odd creatures above the water. It was on the Seattle news and I found a link on the internet. The folks in the boat were filming and caught the whole event. If you love whales you have to take a look at this! An experience of a lifetime!

http://newslite.tv/2012/08/15/humpba...es-in-fro.html
Old 08-29-2012, 08:58 AM

I will be sending my quilt out next monday(holiday?) or tuesday. this was so fun making these amish quilts
Old 08-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Swap Hosts

Off Topic Alert - Patriotic Quilt progress: I have the strips sewn together and am now stitching down the sashing. Hope to finish by tonight. I have to say that just looking at everyone's blocks and their locations got me a little teary eyed. What incredible kindness you showed by sharing your talents. Pix soon ...
Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 PM

Hey Krystyna! Well your little Amish doll quilt arrived today! No sooner had I opened it, than discord erupted. Everybody wanted to be the one to use it at night when I’m asleep.

Raggedy Ann picked it up first and was gazing at it lovingly, when I noticed the others furtively circling. I wasn’t too worried about the Cabbage Patch Kid,she is not a gal known for swift action. But while I had my eye on Baby Beans (there is no way I am letting her use it and I think you know why) Barbie delivered a sharp kick to Ann’s shin… and let me tell you those pink plastic kitten heels must pack quite a wallop because Ann dropped your pretty quilt and Barbie snatched it up! She leapt into her glamour car and tried to make a quick getaway. Unfortunately, Ken gave her a little wave and wink as he sauntered by in his Dreamboat outfit and Barbie was so distracted that she smashed the pink corvette into the wall of her Barbie dream house. GI Joe was first on the scene, and hero that he is, had Barbie out of the car and dusted off in no time, much to Ken’s chagrin. Chatty Cathy saw the whole thing and no one could shut her up. Then the Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em robots got so wound up they started punching anyone who got too close and the Liddle Kiddles all fell into fits of laughter. While everyone was still in an uproar, Raggedy Andy handed the quilt back to Ann.

Now that that is settled, I need to find my camera and let you all see what a gorgeous quilt Krystyna made for me. And she sent a lovely sachet and an exciting book on small quilts too!
Thank you Krystyna from the bottom of my heart– you are wonderful partner and I am a lucky duck to have had you! Wait until you all see the quilting she did on this beauty! I promise to post the pictures soon.

Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 08-29-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Swap Hosts

Hahahaha!

You absolutely should use that for a chapter on doll quilts! Too funny! Would love to see it illustrated!

And I'm blaming any funkiness with the binding on that tussle -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:24 PM

BuzzingBumble, what a hoot! You have amazing talents - quilting and storytelling and like Krystyna would love to see it illustrated too. Now can't wait to see the quilt that they were all fighting over, it must be a beauty
Old 08-29-2012, 02:59 PM

Where does all the imagination come from???? Quilting AND storytelling! I love this place, it makes me smile no matter how tough my daay has been.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:08 PM

Wonderful writing BuzzingBumble! so funny I had to read it twice!

Lynnie25 - Hope the weather calms some so the postie can deliver your squishy!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
Where does all the imagination come from???? Quilting AND storytelling! I love this place, it makes me smile no matter how tough my daay has been.
Makes me want to wrestle with fabric shreds!