Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best quilt show in USA >

Best quilt show in USA

Best quilt show in USA

Old 08-26-2012, 08:08 AM

The road to california in ontario is a really nice one in january. There is also a big one in longbeach ca during the summer. Haven't been to any others so I can't compare
Old 08-26-2012, 08:14 AM

Lancaster County in Pennsylvania.....get quilt stores....and Amish stuff..........
Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 AM

I would have to say Quilt Incs show in Houston TX it is the Biggest and Best in My Opinion! I have been to Houston for the quilt show since 2005. I am headed back this year! I love it because it has many, many quilt exhibits. It also has learning stations, lectures, international teachers and more vendors of products used for quilting in one venue than you can believe. I also love Lancaster for it's own charm. If I could only go to one it would be Houston.
Luann in CT
Old 08-26-2012, 10:41 AM

Let me put in my vote fr Houston, Tx, I have been many times, last year decided to go at the last minute, had no trouble finding a room near convention center, very large city with good bus service, they have tours going to fabric shops and some site seeing. Not all of your time needs to bee spent at Quilt show. JMHO
Old 08-26-2012, 11:17 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Well, I'll speak up for the International Quilt Festival in Houston in October.
Houston's show is the "original" big show, has been around for decades and is spectacularly done. Everything is in ONE venue (unlike Paducah's), indoors (unlike Oregon's), has too many hotels and restaurants to name, and shuttle buses to many of the lodgings.
It is truly international, you will see many groups of Europeans, Asians, Australians, etc., there.
Classes, the show, the vendors and food are all in the George Brown Convention Center, covering three floors, and a block long; it's huge!
Go in the morning and stay all day, for at least three days to even see it all, much less take classes.
There are elevators, benches upstairs for resting, meeting locations in which to regroup, package check-in, mailing station, and many other amenities to support the 50-60,000 people who visit this show each year.
There are interesting restaurants within walking distance of the venue also.
Houston has wonderful museum, shops, theater, clubs and nightlife. You will get a good taste of Texas here, too, also a chance to visit several local quilt shops -- though they will represented among the hundreds of vendors on the show floor, too.

Be sure to check out http://www.quilts.com/home/index.php for ALL the information about this show.

Jan in VA
Old 08-30-2012, 01:05 PM

Thank you for all your advice, seems we have plenty to choose from....I will print all the information from the web...something else to look forward too
Old 08-30-2012, 01:33 PM

We had a lot of fun at the AQS quilt show in Grand Rapids, Michigan. They will do it again next August. Go to the aqsshows.com website for more info.