Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 08-30-2012, 06:13 AM
Swap Hosts

Here's what I do ~ similar to Louise's method. All my downloads go into a download folder. From there I extract them and get rid of the zip files.
The unzipped folders and files are moved to a folder named 1 -- that way it's at the top of the list of all my embroidery folders. From there, using windows explorer, I cascade the embroidery folders on the left and click on the folder labeled 1.
As I go through each of these folders I use the Control-Enter function to highlight all the formats and sizes I don't want and then using the right click function I delete them. Then I rename the folder or design to something that makes sense and drag and drop it into the folder on the left.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Here's what I do ~ similar to Louise's method. All my downloads go into a download folder. From there I extract them and get rid of the zip files.
The unzipped folders and files are moved to a folder named 1 -- that way it's at the top of the list of all my embroidery folders. From there, using windows explorer, I cascade the embroidery folders on the left and click on the folder labeled 1.
As I go through each of these folders I use the Control-Enter function to highlight all the formats and sizes I don't want and then using the right click function I delete them. Then I rename the folder or design to something that makes sense and drag and drop it into the folder on the left.
Thanks for the information on how you do it. I am new to the downloading aspect of this and I am sure there are easier/faster ways to do it than what I do. The way I do it works fine - but I usually don't download a lot of files at once. I want to download the large file that was suggested here and this should help. I won't feel so over-whelmed. Love all the information I get from this site.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:01 AM

I used to use the above methods until I bought "Thumbnailer" for about $39. Now when I open a file, my .pes file shows as the actual image of the design & I can save it to "my docs" & delete the rest (I have no use for other formats since I can also change to another). It is great to open my docs and see my designs all arrayed exactly as they stitch out. Makes it so convenient for selecting.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Swap Hosts

Not sure if I have thumbnailer, but whatever I bought ~ for about the same amount of money ~ it was worth every penny!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:35 PM

I ordered mine from http://embrilliance.com/products and it was on sale--came on a CD for installation--had all the formats and you could choose all to be displayed or just the format you use. I love it!
Old 08-31-2012, 03:58 AM

Hello all! I just saw the new line of Babylock machines coming out soon. I am totally in love with the features of the Babylock Spirit, an embroidery machine only! I love the babylock machines but this one is special. It has a sensor pen in which you touch the fabric and the machine knows the placement of where you want the design to be stitched at, that means no more crosshairs!!!!!!!! Check it out on www.babylock.com or google Babylock Spirit embroidery machine. They also have two other machines coming out the Unit and Endurance as well as a new long-arm for quilting called the Tiara. I'm waiting to see how much the Spirit will be and make my decision. I will though need to sell the present one I have the Ellure Plus but let's see.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:28 AM

I have a Bernina 180E my husband bought me in 1999. I can't count the number of quilt blocks I have embroidered.
I am very pleased with my Bernina, everyone remarks on how nice my embroidered quilts are.
I use a PES2Card to transfer designs from a CD to a design card. Currently I am stitching Laurel Burch Mythical Horses into quilt blocks, using the Turning Twenty- Around the block pattern by Tricia Cribbs.
Machine embroidery has given me/quilters so many wonderful designs to add to our quilts.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:11 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]359170[/ATTACH]
1000rpm working speed, equipped with upper thread holding system, suitable for embroidery sample production and small capacity production. Embroidery machine upper thread holding device is a functional mechanism acting during trimming ,color-changing and machine starting (auto color-changing auto trimming type) to prevent upper thread from dropping. Adoption of the device can prevent thread from dropping when machine stops, reduce upper thread dropping rate, enhance trimming effect and improve productivity, Now, it has been widely seen in high-speed embroidery machine.
Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2012, 05:47 AM

My LQS is a Pfaff dealer but they now carry Babylocks. I purchased the Babylock Imagine Serger last Christmas and love it. I was able to get free lessons through the shop bc I purchased it through them. I have the Pfaff Creative Vision but did not purchase through my LQS so I barely know how to use the embroidery part of the machine. I have done very minor things with it but now I am determined to learn the machine one way or another. Reading everyone's post and seeing pictures of quilts with embroidery has me motivated. Unfortunately no one has any helpful Pffaf You Tube videos and the manual is not user friendly. I have searched the internet high and low and there is no good helpful info. I have even called another shop that carries Pfaffs to see if they offer classes but they work the same as my LQS. If you didn't buy it at their shop they can't help you. I wish they would change their policies. I'm not looking for free lessons like they offer when you buy the machine through the shop. I would pay to have lessons on my machine. Oh well, I will try to learn on my own but this is going to be a mission but I want to use the machine and take advantage of all its features. I am also excited bc Pfaff is realising and embroidery package for the MAC. But I have no idea to download designs or anything so this should be interesting.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Swap Hosts

Freebie Alert! Julia's Needle has an adorable 1950s housewives set for free this weekend!
http://www.juliasneedledesigns.com/1...HOUSEWIVES.htm