GMA's Robin Roberts

Old 08-31-2012, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Morag View Post
Don't watch that station...
You are really missing a wonderful show. GMA is truly a family. Josh was visibly upset yesterday on Robin's last day. I also had tears rolling down my face. She is a role model that I would like to be like. A truly wonderful person.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:20 PM
Dee

Prayers and hugs go out to a "class act". She is one in a million. Felt so bad for her, as she has gone thru so much.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:35 PM

When her treatment is done, will she be returning to GMA? My husband said that he doesn't think she will be returning. I would really, really hate that.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by kathdavis View Post
When her treatment is done, will she be returning to GMA? My husband said that he doesn't think she will be returning. I would really, really hate that.
My understanding is that she will. I hope so. I just have a bad feeling about all this & I pray I'm wrong. I just admire her so much.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:18 AM

I was late for work because I was so enthralled with her send-off. I agree that she is a class act and take solace in her family's spirituality and support for one another. I had to re-put my make-up on after this one! Prayers are with her as she embarks on this journey....
Old 09-01-2012, 05:00 AM

She is a class act for sure and has been through so much. I hope this treatment finally gets everything back on track for her. I think she will be back.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:47 AM

I teared as she was sooooo brave throughout that show to hold it together. You could tell that her entire coworker staff was genuine and still she held it together and was soooo strong. I would have been a blubbering mess.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:03 AM

Love Robin Roberts, a class act for sure.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by mskityocat View Post
I teared as she was sooooo brave throughout that show to hold it together. You could tell that her entire coworker staff was genuine and still she held it together and was soooo strong. I would have been a blubbering mess.
I heard her co-anchors on the show paid for an airplane to fly by, pulling a banner thaat had words of encouragement for her. Wasn't her dad in the Tuskegee Airmen? It seems like I've heard her talk about him. I just think of her so often & send her a little get well wish in my mind.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:12 PM

So nice to see so many quilters wishing Robin Roberts a speedy return to good health. Robin is a very strong role model for so many women. Now, with losing her mother, she will need all our prayers many times over. For those of you that believe in prayer, let's combine our prayers and send them in her direction. Get well soon, Robin.