Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Okay - has any one found out the price of the new Baby Lock Tiara? >

Okay - has any one found out the price of the new Baby Lock Tiara?

Okay - has any one found out the price of the new Baby Lock Tiara?

Old 09-03-2012, 05:31 AM

Default Okay - has any one found out the price of the new Baby Lock Tiara?

I'm really curious but don't want to go to a dealer and ask about it.

I need to know if it's even feasible finance wise before looking.

Concept is interesting since it's in it's own table and made for a small work area.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Banned

I just googled "baby lock tiara price" and go several sites where people said their dealer won't tell them the price over the phone and one site where a blogger/reviewer said she couldn't put the price in her review. I never have understood that policy. Maybe a retailer on here can explain it. It sure is frustrating.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:02 AM

It is frustrating! I googled also and could not find it. I like to do comparison shopping before buying and without any sales pressure - which you get big time when you start going to the different dealers.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:30 AM

I tried googling it, too. Like you, I want to know if it will fit in the budget before setting foot in the store.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:45 AM

I think that retailers think that if they get you in the door they have a better shot at talking you into buying. Doesn't work with me - I won't go to the store to ask because I am not interested in a sales pitch. I want to know that the price is in my ballpark before I waste my time and subject myself to a salesperson.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IrishNY View Post
I think that retailers think that if they get you in the door they have a better shot at talking you into buying. Doesn't work with me - I won't go to the store to ask because I am not interested in a sales pitch. I want to know that the price is in my ballpark before I waste my time and subject myself to a salesperson.
I absoulutely agree!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:18 AM

You can go to a quilt show and see it there. I believe it made its debut last week. You may also want to inquire about the HQ Sweet Sixteen.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hcarpanini View Post
You can go to a quilt show and see it there. I believe it made its debut last week. You may also want to inquire about the HQ Sweet Sixteen.
Maybe it's not convenient to go to a quilt show to see it there.

Hey, if they won't even tell me the price, that tells me that I probably can't afford it, and then I won't even go to the store.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:48 AM

My husband was quoted MSRP - with Tru-Stitch stitch regulator - $6499. This particular dealer offered a discount of $900.

NOW...I believe that this machine is made by Handiquilter. It looks identical. Just as the Crown Jewel looks like the HQ Avante. The MSRP price for the Sweet Sixteen with Tru-Stitch - on the Handiquilter site - was - as I recall - $6190. I wonder if it's being discounted.

However...the Handiquilter site won't come up today. When I type it into the address bar, it comes up with a page that links to sewing places.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:45 AM

cmw0829 is right on targe with what my LQS told me earlier today. The MSRP is right at $6500 (including BL's stitch regulator), and it will be at least another week before my store has "their" pricing (They dont charge MSRP). Also my local store is small and they wont be in the first group to get the machine for touch/site/feel so she advised me to go to the Quilt Show for the hands on demo and that she would honor my quilt show price (they always do this). I am quite interested since I am a Babylock lover. I cant afford it right now since we are trying to sell our home and move along with renovating another home, so time and funds are short here but I was quite excited to see an alternative (both price and space-wise) to the crown jewel. I lust for that machine, the Crown Jewel--but it wont happen, new home is smaller and no where near enouch space for a king frame, but there is room for a table

Last edited by ZugZug; 09-05-2012 at 11:48 AM.