Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 09-08-2012, 02:33 PM

No comments from me re those machines. I have Brother ULT 2002 and 2003...BIG screen!, many editing features on board, & they are comb. machines. I LOVE LOVE LOVE! them. I would not change except for the new Quattro. No, it won't do much more than mine--the only convenience is hook-up to computer!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:40 PM

I love Brother machines- used to work for them many years ago when they were Jones..much simpler then lol. The Brother dealer is two hours away from us, a different store from my local guy, who is great on customer service.But thanks anyway!!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:02 PM

I have the singer furtura worked great on my windows computer now that I have windows 7 its doesnt work. Can anyone help me on this. I tried the website but still doesnt work. Do I have to buy the download ? Blossom
Old 09-08-2012, 05:35 PM

I found this site just in case u haven't yet. It takes u to the Windows 7 patch. http://www.fixya.com/support/t379543...laptop_windows. If this is not your machine--Google Singer Futura with WIN 7..and you will get some info.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Banned

I have only had Brother emb. machines so I have no
experience with any other models.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:47 PM

Get the largest hoop you can afford. If you don't want to do larger embroidery now you will later. I know you said that you don't need a sewing machine that will sew also as you have that capability, but I thought that embroidery only machines were much more expensive than embroidery/sewing machines. However, I personally would love to be able to get an embroidery only machine even if it were only a 6 thread machine. Embroidering seems to be like eating potato chips. Once you start, you can't stop! LOL. Do get the biggest hoop you can afford. Those little designs do not look in proporation on a lot of things and your creativity is severely limited. It's like buying a car that only drives in reverse. Hard to g et where you want to go.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:53 PM

OH right..well the Husqvarna has the biggest hoop included (10" x 6")and Auto Punch software.The Janome has their large hoop 6" x 10" but has a giga hoop that is around 10" I think. I love hand embroidery but my hands are not as quick these days lol would be fascinating to have an embroidery machine I think and also an obssession!!I love my quilting but I am running out of space in my sewing room. I love your analogy of the car- it makes perfect sense when you put it like that x
Old 09-09-2012, 04:05 AM

Dear IrishPhoenix,

I one a brother and janome and both are easy add on to as well as great workhorses but no nothing about Vikings sorry good Luck tho Embroidery is definately addicting
Old 09-09-2012, 04:08 AM

To irishphoenix; I have 3 Vikings and love them; two of them are embroidery machines. I agree with those saying get the largest hoops that you can afford. I've had my Ruby for a yr now and just this weekend was the first time I've ever used the 4x4 hoop that most have and I've only used the 5x7 a couple of times. This is escpecially true since you are wanting to add it to your quilting; you will need a larger hoop for this. Getting software with it is great; I've read on here from alot who have no software and it leaves them hanging not sure how to view thier designs or do anything else. I know that Viking has great classes too. I go every month and learn new things. I love the cutwork needles for the Viking too. I think Janomes are good; I only have one issue with my one is that it has an issue when it goes over seams like HST or butted up seams, I have to tug them along. Other than that its good. Having a machine that is multi function like doing sewing and embroidery is great because you always have a back up. None of my Vikings are picky on thread either and Ive never had to adjust the tension since I got my Ruby. Congratulations on having a kind husband to get you such a great gift and enjoy.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by irishphoenix View Post
Sorry to butt in..Could I get a bit of advice form you embroidery experts?My birthday is coming up and hubby would like to get me a relatively (!) inexpensive embroidery machine.
My dealer has a choice of a Janome 200E, a 350 and a Viking H 600E. Do you all have any thoughts of which you prefer. I have the Janome Horizon 7700 which I love but would love to be able to do some machine embroidery on my quilts. The dealer has offered me a 20% reduction on the Vking..but I have heard a few stories on the internet about them, plus I dont really need the sewing capabilities as I have the horizon, so I dont really know which ones to bear in mind before I try them out. The software is extra on the Janome but is included in the Viking and I think the Viking has a bigger hoop. So I am really puzzling about it!
Anyway thanks again folks, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really confused at this stage and would like to have a few ideas before I go to the shop!
Happy Birthday!
What a wonderful B-Day gift. I have a Jamone 9700 sewing & embroidery.Like advise of having a backup sewing machine. I would check the following:
Get one with the largest loop you can afford.
Sew on each one to get the feel of each one.
Easiest to download from conputer to machine.