Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!! >

September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!!

September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:27 AM

i got them over the weekend. thanks for sending them.

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
create4, i sent my FQ's fri. 2 for this mo and next.
irish, don't know how old you are, but either medicare, or soc sec will pay for housekeeping help if you need it.
i have heard of other older people receiving this benifit. someone correct me, please, if i am wrong.
couldn't live without my once a month lady. she does the corners, and scubs it all down.
hope you all are doing good, and being good. so far, i am pleased with myself. leaving the crap alone. but then i cleaned it all out of my house. could find some sugar , if i made something from scratch. etc. or home canned fruit, but so far, am leaving it alone. hang in there ladies.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:42 AM

Argh..... My little scale is not working. I don't have any AAA batteries!! It may take a day or two longer to get these mailed if I have to go buy batteries or go to the post office.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:48 PM

Irish - sorry I tired you out. I tire myself out sometimes too. For a big girl I try to get a lot accomplished, but it doesn't always go my way. I did finish all my stuff on Monday. Came home from Mom & Dad's and fell asleep on the couch. All that fresh air, crabs and good times with everyone did me in.

As for the Hexies, right now I'm working on the pattern on the front of the Quilts and More magazine. I've got all the hexies ready to sew together. I save that task for slow days at work (when I work weekends) or when I'm watching football. These are bigger hexies so it will go faster. I've done some table runners and rounds with the smaller hexies. It takes a little time but when they're done they're beautiful!! And it reminds me of when I was little and my 2 GMs. They both did beautiful handwork. My one GM made all of her grandchildren sock monkeys and sun bonnet sue/sam quilts. She had 10 kids and each has at least 2 children, but most had more. She was very busy. She had a treadle machine, as did my other GM. She let me use it when I was about 6 to make doll clothes. That started me sewing. And she taught me to cook. Loved (and still do) both of my GMs very much!!!!! And I'm thankful for everything they taught me.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:49 PM

create4--the packaging of my FQ's worked okay? couldn't remember if that postage was right or not. do others package theirs like mine?
some of you ladies wear me out, just reading all the work you are doing. are you seniors? bet not.
so far, so good this week. might hit the bed early tonite, just so i don't crave sweets.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
create4--the packaging of my FQ's worked okay? couldn't remember if that postage was right or not. do others package theirs like mine?
some of you ladies wear me out, just reading all the work you are doing. are you seniors? bet not.
so far, so good this week. might hit the bed early tonite, just so i don't crave sweets.
Your packaging was fine. No extra postage was requiredv when delivered. Yes some have sent it the way you did.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:42 PM

Mine got picked up in today's mail. I bought new batteries for my scale yesterday but the mail had already been picked up by the time I got the postage on the package. You should get it in a couple of days. I put the next 4 month's worth of FQ's in there

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:15 PM

I can send a medium weight FQ in a business envelope for $.68, but if one won't fit comfortably, then I have to use a 5x7 manila envelope and it's in the $1.32 range. Two together were $1.95 this week which surprised me. They weren't heavy so it would have less to mail them separately. I assume the ones in the business envelopes have arrived safely.

I survived a very busy day today and have three more to go, then I can relax a bit. I have two grandsons tomorrow and one is my hole digger, so if the rain stops I need to see if I can get the hydrangea I want. I'm changing my front landscaping to need less carried water - more perennials and fewer pots.

Cindy, how is the quilt coming? I may switch horses in the middle of the stream - put aside the bazaar quilt and do a quicker one, but I hate having another UFO.

I haven't read '50 Shades of Gray' - kind of waiting for a) after things slow down after Christmas or b) something to do if I do decide to have surgery, so I don't know what I am talking about. My 12 year tutoree has an e reader - I forget the name of Apple's. His mother borrowed it to read those books and left all three downloaded on it. T is allowed to bring the e reader to school. Am I only one who sees that as a potential problem? '50 Shades of Gray' in a Junior high????

Tonight is the night I finish those concentric circles on the baby quilt. Imperfectly done is better than undone when the shower is Sunday and tomorrow and Saturday are scheduled.

My youngest daughter gave me some cabbage soup today. I expect to lose 15 pounds overnight - burned off - that stuff was hot. I'm glad I only had enough for one dinner. It was good, but I'm still sweating.

We had a baby shower at church today. One of the hostesses made me some gluten free cupcakes. They were good - just a little salty. That's why I stopped at my daughter's house. My grandson's doctor has him on a GF diet, so I shared the leftovers.

Okay, back to the sewing machine. Have a clean eating day.
Judy
Old 09-13-2012, 05:30 PM

what's the price of a lst class stamp now? that's what i used on an envelope. all our stamps are 'forever' stamps.

i was told at one time that a FQ folded in half long ways, (and ironed each time you fold it) then folded in 3rd's and inclosed in saran wrap would ship for a lst class stamp. i just do that, and don't even go inside the p.o.
and they seem to go thru just fine in a business envelope.

Last edited by sewNso; 09-13-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:50 AM

Have received FQ's from the following

CountryHouseQuilter - 4 months worth
lauriejo -
Not sure of screen name but from Coeur D'Alene, ID
IrishRose - 2 months
SewNso - 2months
Vanogay - 4 months

I know several said they were in the mail and I will be watching. This is as of mail delivery today.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:06 PM

Cindy, mine were mailed out so you should be getting them soon. (4 months worth) It must be much easier now that you don't have to make a trip to your po box.
I have been helping a friend get ready for a garage sale for a few months. The sale will be done tomorrow. I will be so glad to not be working on that anymore. Maybe I can get something done in my house for a change. Maybe even get back to some quilting.
I have not been exercising and lately I have been eating poorly. Even with that I am down 3 lbs so far this month. When life gets back to normal I plan to do better.