Waterford crystal

Old 09-08-2012, 11:31 PM

i have a couple of pieces that were wedding presents. then i inherited my parents'. dad would give mom some for every special occasion. most are slightly chipped because they used the all the time. i don't use them. they seem pretentious with tv dinners. but i do like nice things, and they do sparkle in candle light.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:58 PM

I have a few very small but special pieces. I had the wonderful experience of visiting the company on a trip to Ireland about 4 years ago. OMG! Talk about magical and mind blowing! All of those pieces are done individually by the most amazing artists with their little chisels and grinders etc. Seriously the most amazing pieces of art made by unbelievably talented men and women.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:16 AM

When I got married we registered for Waterford Lismore pattern. We got 2 wine glasses, LOL. So, over the years, we've been collecting it as we go along. We now have a service for 8 in wine glasses and water goblets, a pitcher and one highball type glass. Only use it on holidays. Wish I'd spent that money on fabric instead!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:13 PM

We bought Austrian cut crystal wine and drinks glasses when we lived in Germany. We bought modern Finnish crystal old fashion and tall drinking glasses that look like dripping icicles when we visited Finland. Can't decide which I like the most - the cut or the modern. Both are beautiiful.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:21 PM

I have three small pieces that were presented to my late husband by the PGA in appreciation for all the work he had done in helping to organize the Tucson Open golf tournaments back in the 90's.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:23 PM

Many years ago, (BEFORE children), we had a summer intern from Ireland in our Ford accounting department (Detroit). When he returned home, a fellow accountant asked if Colin could buy a small Waterford piece and send it back to the States for his wife. By the time, it was purchased, wrapped for shipping, shipping costs and other incidentals, it was WAY more expensive than that same piece purchased at the local department store.

I do have a Waterford perfume bottle that my husband got me for the "crystal" anniversary. Which ever one that is.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:56 PM

I collect it...Lismore pattern.