Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011 >

Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011

Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011

Old 07-24-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Mine is done ... I took it to a Spring Fair entering in the quilt top only class and got a red (1st) ribbon.

I'm wanting to add some extra borders and plan to enter it in the same class in some other fairs this fall. Then my plan is to quilt it this winter on my DSM.

YOurs was such neat fabric ... and I was wondering the other day how you and others have progressed!
Can you please post a picture?
I would also love to see it with the extra boarders and the finished quilt in the end? I will keep checking this board every so often.
Gotta go as I am at work (GGAW)
Old 07-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BC_QuilterLaur View Post
Can you please post a picture?
I would also love to see it with the extra boarders and the finished quilt in the end? I will keep checking this board every so often.
Gotta go as I am at work (GGAW)
Sorry, I forgot to take a pic ... wait a minute, I might have one from the fair.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]351181[/ATTACH]

You'll see that I stopped one short of the borders in the pattern. I was down to the wire to get it to the Fair and decided to stop before I added it, as I wasn't quite sure what I'm adding. I've had too much on my plate lately to get it out and do the extra borders. I think there'll be the purple border as per the pattern, then a flange and then more fo teh purple. Possibly a 2nd flange. Need to get it all laid out and audition the possibilities.

Have you done anything else since you last posted? Pictures, too, please? and Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CaledonFairBCS.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	351181  

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-24-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:00 AM

Lazy Lapper checking in!

Our reveal date at the quilt shop is set for October 13th so I better get this finished!
I just found this summer so hard to do anything, I only have two side pieces left to sew on quilt top and it's ready for quilting.
As I used the blue and cream kitted fabric, I'm thinking a quality muslin on the back might work...it'll soften over time and is in the same colour tone as the top.

How has everyone else done?

And the big question, have you signed up for the big anniversary celebration Border Creek mystery quilt?

I did. EEEEkkk., I haven't finished this one!!! But have you seen the fabric designed for it by Blackbird Designs?

I'm a huge Blackbird designs fan, I love their cross stitch designs and their style of fabric.

So I'm torn, do I do it as kitted or choose my own.

So how are you doing?
Old 09-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

Good to "see" you too, Yukon Viv!!

And I look forward to seeing photos of your Mystery too.
Our reveal is on the 22nd, though I won't be attending as I'll be working at a Fair, plus my quilt will be in the quilt top only class there. Another Fair this coming weekend too, same class.

I haven't "officially" signed up for the new Mystery, though had said yes, back when we got the pre-notice.
Was going to do so on Friday, then the LQS had closed for the day.
Oh well, perhaps this week?

Do you know the quantities of fabrics needed?
I'd really prefer to use from my stash, if I have what I need!

How's everyone else?
And how has your BCS Mystery progressed?
Photos please!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 11:11 AM

no picture of mine yet, still have to get that final bit done.

I've picked up the fabric requirements for the new mystery and spent a wonderful evening last night at the quilt shop with a friend picking out our fabrics!!! My work buddy is going to use the kit (Blackbird Designs fabric recommended). But my friend Holly found some lucious blues and browns, oh hers is going to be so elegant.

My colours? Oh maybe I shouldn't mention them....they are very fall-ish and I'm sure beyond the comfort zone of many LOL. I`ll take a photo later tonight and post, I`m so excited and I don`t care if it looks crazy when it`s done.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

Stop It, YukViv... you know it won;t look crazy.
You have a remarkable eye for colour!!

I haven't made it to the LQS yet to check out the fabric samples and get my fabric requirements.

Per chance, could you post or PM me with the fabric quantities?
I'm hoping I can shop my stash for the fabrics!!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:28 AM

Here is my fabric line up, 1 through 9.
I know crazy eh?

I'm going to call it the Colours of September in the Yukon. Seriously, all these fabrics are in my yard and all around in the mountains. Even the hint of cream could be the snow at the top of Grey Mountain which is just outside my living room window.

Nothing safe about this colour line up LOL. (edited to add, I hope these aren't too big)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	001-5.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	363090   Click image for larger version

Name:	003-9.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	363091   Click image for larger version

Name:	004-8.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	363092  
Old 09-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Power Poster

oooooooooooooh I love them ALL!!!!!!!!
And absolutely nothing crazy about them .... all fabrics I would love to have and could easily use too.
I don't think I have any of them ... but have lots that would coordinate with them in my stash.

Hey ... maybe I should steal your colour scheme idea and see how two similar colour mixes turn out two totally different quilts?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:10 AM

Oh wouldn't that be fun!!! Yes, go for it, I always find it fun to see how different a quilt can look with similar fabrics...all it takes is a couple of different prints or background fillers and bam, it's a totally different quilt.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:10 AM

Those mystery quilts look like a lot of fun. Unfortunately we can't get the clues here Have fun ladies!