Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Christmas Pickle quilt... >

Christmas Pickle quilt...

Christmas Pickle quilt...

Old 09-13-2012, 06:10 PM

Wow......this is stunning! So colorful!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by jeanharville View Post
Were you planning on taking the class with your friend? Just my opinion, but I don't think you need to take any classes. Your quilt is beautiful and thanks for sharing. You and your quilt are certainly inspirations.
Thanks...and no, I didn't intend to take the class...I actually didn't really even like the quilt enough to consider making it...it just wasn't my "type" of quilt... That's why I say I have had to eat some "crow" now that the quilt is finished...it has definitely grown on me...lol..
Regards,
Kif
PS Arc with points is paper-pieced, the rest is regular piecing. Book it is in is Home for the Holidays. I bought it used a little over a month ago. All of my research lately shows the book is $40.00 all the way up over $900.00...no, that is not a typo...crazy if you ask me!!! The pattern is out of print, found a website that shows it, but also says unavailable if you try and order it...
Old 09-15-2012, 03:36 PM

I'm not sure what I like best the colors or the pattern. Great job!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:02 PM

Wow that is beautiful!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

Yes I agree it is stunning. Teachers are wonderful to have but not necessary. They may have a tip or two that will make it all easier or words of encouragement. There are some of us who have to learn from books and we do fine.
Originally Posted by twoxover View Post
that is absolutely stunning! i love it!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:21 PM

Oh, Kiffie, that is gorgeous! Your work looks terrific to me.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:43 PM

Okay, I've got to make one of these. I love it. BTW, I don't see any pointy arcs. I studied the piecing and I think it is wonderful! I do not have much of a sense of color so I am very impressed with how you incorporated all of those colors - very nice job indeed. Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:22 AM

Lovely! Reminds me of Art Deco. Love those colors and the Swirl feeling! Great Job!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:53 AM

This is impressive! I don't let anyone tell me that I can't do something either! You go girl!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Hi all,
Again, a thanks for all the kind words...as to the pattern, it is out of print. The book it is in is also oop....Home for the Holidays by Lynda Milligan and Nancy Smith. I was lucky enough to find it used about a month ago, I have had several people pm me about it, and I have done a lot of research, the cheapest I could find it last night was $20.95 + tax, and believe me, that appears to be a bargain! here is the link:
http://www.sharmanssewingcenter.com/...ncy-Smith.html
Otherwise the next best price I found it was on Amazon, $39.99, and it went all the way up to over $900.00...no, that is NOT a typo...here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Home-Holidays-.../dp/1880972530
I really wish when something was oop there was some way to get a pattern or book without taking out a 2nd mortgage (I know that is a bit melodramatic, but still...).
Lastly, I want to say that while this quilt looks hard, it really isn't....a lil tedious, yes...hard, not so much...(again, I am a self-taught quilter until I happened upon an awesome lqs...up until then I only had done applique, and all my quilting was by hand..). Its basically 2 blocks, the pp New York Beauty, and the hsts that make up the pinwheels...If I can make this quilt, anyone can make this quilt!!
Regards all,
Kif
Just a quick update, the book from the 1st link I posted is sold...I figured it would go quick!
Regards,
K