Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!! >

September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!!

September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 01:22 PM

Well, I am glad everyone seems to be posting on the negative side (as in I lost pounds). My scale shows a loss, too, but only 2 pounds. Need to do way better than than in the coming weeks. Have a quilt retreat the end of the month, so need to get the weight down before that. You know how sewing with a bunch of ladies can get you to picking without realizing it!!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:08 PM

Hi all just been off the internet for a few days and now need to catch up with all the news. Glad to see loss from you all makes me want to try even more to get this stuborn weight off.
It's been real hot again and this weekend will be more of the same. Be glad when the end of Sept comes and it will then cool off.
I'm down a couple of #'s but should be more. Drinking lots of water and waking each day.
I've also been helping DH to replace the shade cloth on our patio so thats even more exercise than usual. I'ts been up for 5 yrs so it was turning to dust.
Having Bouillabasse for dinner. We have it about twice a year and boy is fresh seafood expensive. We have been craving it for a while now and just said to heck with it, the money be d. The house smells sooo good with just the sauce cooking.
Well off the clean shrimp for dinner. Have a great weekend and I'll check in later.
Hugs to all.
Gail
Old 09-14-2012, 04:11 PM

Happy Friday to everyone........hope everyone is doing well this month.........I'm back on track, lost a few pounds so far. Definitely glad it's friday....sheweeeee what a week. Looks like the cold front moved in on us today......I went into a pt's house and it was like 80 outside, when I came back out there was a chill in the air. Good luck everyone
Old 09-14-2012, 06:56 PM

Boy going back to work seems to be a big help in the diet department! I work from 9-3 and don't get an actual lunch, I just eat a quick bite at my desk. It isn't very relaxing, but it sure keeps me from overeating. Portion control is my biggest hurdle. I actually wore a pair of slacks to work today that I haven't been able to wear since last year.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:00 PM

I read through the posts last week but didn't post anything. Mailed in my fat quarter. BUT just saw read the first post again and noticed I'm suppose to sign in weekly in order to be eligible. Oh well , good luck to everyone else.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
what's the price of a lst class stamp now? that's what i used on an envelope. all our stamps are 'forever' stamps.

i was told at one time that a FQ folded in half long ways, (and ironed each time you fold it) then folded in 3rd's and inclosed in saran wrap would ship for a lst class stamp. i just do that, and don't even go inside the p.o.
and they seem to go thru just fine in a business envelope.
you have to fold it in half once, then again, then in 3rd's. then wrap in saran wrap. it has to measure exact l8x 22 in. and have the selvage cut off lst.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:06 PM

isn't it sad how the wt doesn't come off as fast as it goes on? or does it? i'm sure i gained it faster than 2 lbs a week. haven't weighed in several days. sunday morning is weekly wt in for me. but darn, after 5 weeks you know, i should have been 50 lbs slimmer. NOW I ASK YOU, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
GET your FQ's mailed in. we want more in the pot than that. don't we ladies. sewed with my janome in a pfaff quilting frame today. seems to work soooo much better that the grand quilter from pfaff. did that after supper, to stay out of extra's. hope you all are eating healthy, moving and drinking your water. i started walking a little.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:55 AM

I am finally mailing my FQ tomorrow. I have 4 months worth ready. Been ready for days, I just keep leaving them on the kitchen table when I leave. They are stuck into my purse so I remember them. I have been behaving pretty well so far. I haven't weighed in yet. My clothes are looser. I bought a pair of jeans Friday that are quite a bit smaller than what I wore last winter:-) I have been hitting the gym quite a bit this month. My personal trainer suggested 5 days a week. Not quite there yet but I'm trying. I know it is a poor excuse but life keeps getting in the way. Although I just realized that isn't a good excuse either as my gym is open 24/7.
Pat
Old 09-16-2012, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by CorneliaAnn View Post
I read through the posts last week but didn't post anything. Mailed in my fat quarter. BUT just saw read the first post again and noticed I'm suppose to sign in weekly in order to be eligible. Oh well , good luck to everyone else.
it is ok if you dont post weekly. We have had some who post the first week and nothing until the very end. you are still in. I am not gonna say no you can't win because you didn't post weekly. I understand we have busy lives. Just post when you can.......not just once in a blue moon.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
it is ok if you dont post weekly. We have had some who post the first week and nothing until the very end. you are still in. I am not gonna say no you can't win because you didn't post weekly. I understand we have busy lives. Just post when you can.......not just once in a blue moon.
I agree.

What a day! I did something stupid and screwed my body up and had to make 72 taco tarts and 72 chicken tarts for a party today. Good thing I have a stool the right height so I cook sitting down. I know I'm allergic to the environment and many sprays and such, so what made me think I could spray those yellowjackets. This time my face and mouth are swollen and my legs quit working. I am drinking everything in sight to flush my body and will take an antihistamine at bedtime. Curves tomorrow? I hope so.

The baby quilt with crooked lines was delivered today.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5519958
Am I getting old or are things like baby showers an awful lot of work? I don't remember feeling that way in the past.

Eating was off today. I hope I didn't so too much damage. I forgot to ask myself, " Do I really have to have this?" I doubt if I had too much total - it just seemed like my hand was headed for my mouth a lot. I finally took my GGDs outside to swing instead of staying inside with the food (and the noise.) The now 3 year old calls me 'Play park grandma" instead of GGM, so I have a reputation to uphold. The year old was all smiles that she was able to go.

I hope y'all had a cleaner eating day than I did. I wish us all one for tomorrow. Eat clean, drink water, exercise and be kind to yourself.