Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!! >

September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!!

September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 09-17-2012, 04:35 AM

Oh Irish ya really gotta watch that spray poison, nasty stuff. I let my hubby do it tee hee. Be very careful about the swelling too, it can close up your throat in seconds, ask me how I know.

I think something was in the air yesterday, it seemed like all I wanted to do was eat. I had Reeses Pieces calling my name all day, hopefully they will be all gone when I get home from work. Then I made mac and cheese for dinner and ate seconds, bad plan on my part cuz I love mac and cheese. Ah well today is another day, I WILL make better choices.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 AM

I worked last Thursday and started feeling bad. Went to Patient First that night on the way home and waited about 2 hours before the Doc saw me. That place was full of sick people. I waited outside the door until they came looking for me. I knew I was only getting a sinus infection and didn't want what everyone else had. Doc saw me, gave me meds and I was out in 10 minutes....amazing!! So my 3 day weekend was spent with a lot of head congestion, but I'm back at work today.

Saturday I had 7 ladies over and we worked on making "Turkey Tabletoppers". Mine is almost done. When it is I'll post a picture. I got the pattern off of Missouri Star Quiltings website. I didn't really like the look of theirs on the picture, so I kinda redesigned it. I think it turned out awesome. But when I post you can be the judge. Next project after this is finished is to get my Ravens Mondo bag done. Hoping to get it done before Football season is over...LOL.

Has anyone else had a lot of crickets this year. The last couple days I bet I've killed at least 10 trying to take up residence in my basement. One girlfriend told me they were good luck and if I killed one I'd have 7 yrs bad luck. Told her that as many as I've killed in the last couple days I'll have bad luck the rest of my life. I have to kill them if they're in my basement, they eat fabric. Oh well, I can't win that one.

Does anyone have a pressure cooker? Not the old kind, the new safe kind. And if so, do you use it often? And for what? I'm thinking of buying one but I'm hesitant. I hear that you can cook meals quick and sometimes I think that would be my only option. Let me know.

Amy
Old 09-17-2012, 09:04 AM

Please ignore the link to my baby quilt. For some reason the board deleted that thread.

Off to do laundry and clean house. Have a good day. I'll check in later.

I am getting healthier and losing weight.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:19 AM

I finally get to pick my sewing machine up this afternoon. It has been in the hospital the last 4 weeks. It's costing me $450 to get it fixed. No fabric purchases for a little while for me
I have used my old Pfaff to do some piecing. This weekend was our "UFO" weekend at church. I sandwiched my Pineapple plus quilt and finished up my X-Block Venetian Tiles quilt. The Venetian Tiles pattern was poorly written and I pieced the top back in February and it took until now for me to try and figure out how to do the border and make it look good. I am happy with the way it looks but it sure was a PITA. I got it sandwiched too. I forgot to sandwich a small child's quilt while there, oh well. I will drag my husband into helping me later.
Now I Just need to decide how I want to quilt those quilts.
I did pretty good with my eating this weekend. Avoided the deserts and the muffins but I did eat about 3 pieces of bacon. Didn't have enough veggies either. I will have to work on that this week.
My birthday is Thursday and Jim's is Saturday. We are going out to dinner Friday night. My son is, hopefully, getting leave and coming home for a week starting Friday. The kids are going to fix us a birthday dinner on Saturday. With my son home it will mean more cooking and lots of Beef. He always comes home and wants beef. Tri-tip, steak, roast etc. I guess he is not happy with what the Navy feeds him, lol!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:16 PM

Life sometimes can be such a discouragement. I keep getting turned down for every job I have applied to. I refuse to let it get me down. Please God send me that job you want me to have. i need to get back to work. I will continue to look and work on the T-shirt quilts i have been asked to make.

I can't believe it has been almost a year since I went in the hospital and found out that I had lung cancer. I went in on sept 19th and had surgery sept 30th. Wow how time flies.

Keep up your hard work ladies.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:51 PM

Boy this fall everyone I know is having sinus trouble (except me), must be good growing weather or something. None of my fall allergies have hit yet, knock on wood, and fall is always my worst allergy season. I guess I am just being contrary.

We have had more crickets in the house this year than ever before! They are making me crazy and the cat totally ignores them. Do crickets have cycles like the locusts do?

No pressure cooker for me, them are scary ! LOL my mom used to make the most amazing pork and saurkraut in the pc, but I really can't bring myself to use one. Silly huh? I take that back, I did borrow hers once and survived. Maybe I should give it another try. They do cook the food faster, and keep the moisture in better.

Irish are you going to try again to post the baby quilt, I wanna see!

Wow all of my machines together aren't even worth $450! But then again, I wouldn't part with my Singer for any price. Isn't it funny how attached we get to a particular machine.

Beef, it's whats for dinner! Well I think I'd rather have the bacon actually lol. Whenever my brother comes home (not in service, just CA), he wants the silliest foods. Like cream sticks from a local bakery and pizza and jojos.

Cindy I know how discouraging the job hunt can be, I was off work for nearly a year. Partly because I was trying to find a job at only 30 hours a week. I wasn't sure my health could do full time. I finally started my new job the first of August and it is at a tax account, so it is part-time right now but full-time in tax season. Of all the jobs I applied for this one is the very best fit so I know it worked that way for a reason. Keep the faith, your job is out there. Wow it doesn't seem like it was a year ago that you had your surgery! You have come a long way since then.

I have done a little better today with the water, now I need to get my feet moving. I am up and down all day at work, but haven't had any sustained exercise today. But no snacking either! When I weighed myself yesterday I was down another pound, yippee!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:03 PM

I've been very good with my food today. Not even a bite of a snack and no treats either. Tonight might be a different story since I am going out with friends. Hopefully we will go someplace where I can get a nice salad.
Remember when I told you (3 months ago) that my daughter is pregnant? She finally had her 3 mo evaluation at work. They are going to keep her . She told her boss she is expecting and he was happy for her. She is starting to show but is just wearing her jeans and pants a little snug. She is very tall so that probably makes a difference in how well you can conceal it. I think she is at 18 weeks. Poor thing is still having morning sickness.
I had intended to get back into my exercising today. Even put on my exercise clothes. Too bad it took me all morning to get rid of a migraine. Exercise didn't happen and now it's time to get cleaned up for my dinner date with 2 very good friends.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:30 PM

I found out why it was deleted - some members couldn't open the pictures, so let's try here. This is another simple one, but I think I like simple quilts made in bright fabrics. This is the one I couldn't follow the lines to do the circles. I finally just did the best I could - the baby will see the colors and later the trucks, not the quilting. The FMQ in the border was so easy - what a relief after struggling with the circles.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]363553[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]363554[/ATTACH]

It must be a headache day. I didn't go to Curves because I'm having a dizzy headache. It keeps my service dog busy. Lily has come flying out of her room to stabilize me twice. Moira is so oblivious. She just bounces through life making me smile.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	baby quilt front.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	363553   Click image for larger version

Name:	baby quilt back.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	363554  
Old 09-17-2012, 03:21 PM

Oh pretty, lots of color and contrast - just what babies love.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:46 PM

I was going to go to the gym on my way home today. I had to stop at my DD house to set it up for a showing. They decided to rent it out instead of selling it. They are going to rent it for a year and make sure his job out of town is what he wants. I ended up mowing her grass and the grass at my house too. I was trying to beat the rain that hasn't happened. I took close to 2 hours, push mowing. I guess that counts as going to the gym.