Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!! >

September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!!

September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM

Greetings! I'm glad that a lot of you are showing loses. I'm on the plus side this month. Didn't sign up because it was weight I had already lost, and now I have more. Without this thread, I've lost the accountability. So I need to be GOOD TO ME. I walked for Alzheimer's this weekend. What an eye opener! Doesn't matter who you are, young, old, rich, poor - we can all be victims.

Pam H. - when does your daughter find out if it's a boy or girl? I grew up with 3 brothers - so I'm hoping for a girl. Ours is 24 now - we had some hard years, but now it's so fun to go see her.

Irish - how are you feeling? Is the swelling down? The baby quilt is wonderful. Love the colors and the pattern. I need to work on FMQ. I'm still doing straight lines when ever possible and the rest of the tops just sit there.

I just ordered an electric pressure cooker from QVC yesterday. So I'm hoping someone out there will have some recipes for me to try. Mom had one of those old ones, and I was scared to try it. So I'm excited to get the new one and then get rid of more pots and such. Oh, the downsizing is worth it!!!

Cindy - so many are job hunting. And up here in ND all you see are signs "Hiring - Help Wanted". But ND is a long way from Texas. I have to remember when I'm down - there is a reason for everything - we just might not know it for awhile.

Anyone doing English Paper Piecing? I saw a tutorial on it and decided that I could sit and do it at night when I was watching TV. So I have maybe 20 hex's and don't know what to do with them now. Will have to look at the library and see what they have.

Tried to get "50 shades of gray" at the library. Waiting list must have had 50 people on it. So it will be awhile before I get to read it.

Saw a pattern where they were using the Dresden plate ruler, but not putting them into a circle. Sewing skinny end to fat end and making strips out of them. So while I was working at the antique store today, designed a pattern to use scraps and make a top for the ladies at the church. I was so excited, I started sewing on it when I got home from helping serve a funeral lunch at church.

Well I best get busy. My taboo this week is no more sodas plus whatever else we have. I was soda free for 3 months and went back to drinking them. They are bad for me!!! I need to drink more water to flush my body.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:33 PM

The ultrasound is scheduled for Oct 4 but she doesn't want to find out the sex. I get to go! Maybe I will be able to tell. I had ultrasound training when I was volunteering at a pregnancy center.
I didn't do too bad with my dinner and I brought half of it home.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:14 PM

Taboo Tues. No sweeteners. Well this one I will fail for sure. I have to have pop/sodas and tea and drink mix. Let me know who makes this one. Blame Irishrose!!!!!!

When are you going to make it difficult for some and ban Nutrasweet/aspertame for a week? That stuff is not healthy. I don't think Splenda is quite as bad, but I avoid it, too.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:39 PM

I didn't eat pizza last week (although I sure wanted some after it was a taboo!) and I'm pretty sure I can do without sweeteners since I rarely if ever use them. Once in a while a Diet Rite soda which has splenda. I should try for no sugar. Now that would be a challenge!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:59 PM

I assume you mean no artificial sweeteners, such as Nutrasweet/aspartame and Splenda/sucralose. Real sugar is a sweetener, too, but it's just that -'real'. The damage done by those two, especially the former is shocking. So blame me for this one. I don't want to go no natural sugar, but I could certainly do with a reduction of it in my diet.

No pizza last week so you can send a cyper space gold star my way.

Di, FMQ was easy once I gave myself permission to sew in any direction - not just straight ahead. That was a hard habit to break.

Today is my son's birthday. He always manages to get me. When he turned 21 he was away in the Marine Corps and sent a card thanking his father and I for giving him a wonderful 21 years. This evening he thanked me for giving birth to him. The kid is 41 - and yes, I'm glad I had him.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:15 PM

Where's the "like" button when you need it? Irose, your son sounds awesome!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 PM

I'd hit that like button too!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 PM

Everose - let me know what you think about the Pressure Cooker you got from QVC. I was going to order it, but didn't, and now they don't have it in the color I want. I'm hesitant, although it does do double duty as a slow cooker too. I just want to make sure I get my money's worth when I buy it.

That's an interesting idea about the dresden plate blades. I have a bunch extra sitting on my sewing table from my turkey tabletopper. I'm going to have to look at that and see what I can do with them. Thanks for putting that thought in my head.

Weather here is getting bad. Sky is ugly and we're under a tornado watch until 8PM tonight. I'm still at work and hoping that I get out of here and home before the worst of it hits.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:46 PM

Okay - no sweeteners this week. I'll take the Equal out of my purse and leave it home for this week. I generally drink iced tea when out, guess I'll go to water. Now my coffee is different - I'm going to be hurting for that Equal... will be a real challenge for me. I did great without pizza, BTW.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:15 AM

Hi everyone, Hope all had a great weekend.
Cindy the Sept FQ is on its way to you. I am really falling behind on my to do list this month I think I need a few more days this month. Anybody else feel that way sometimes?
Irishrose your baby quilt is beautiful , such bright colors any child would love it. Heck I love it but then I like bright colors.
My Mom had a PC but I never felt comfortable using one .
Bye for now got to check the stuff on the stove
Gail

Last edited by quilthappygail; 09-19-2012 at 11:25 AM.