Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!! >

September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!!

September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 09-20-2012, 05:13 PM

WAY TO GO PAT!!!! That's double AWESOME!!!! They fit, plus on clearance - I'd have been doing the happy dance all the way to my car....hehehe!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:02 AM

guess i need to re-read some more. Taboo tues's? and taboo pizza, missed that. and i see some people are keeping everyone posted on their wt loss. are we suppose to do that? i'm doing good, the scales are changing, but not to beat that 11 lb loss in 3 weeks, i think. i said that. yes, just looked at my ledger.but we still do have another 8 days to go. hope i remember to wt in the lst. restarted some local excercise classes 3 mornings a week. and core training was added for a 1/2 hr after that. sure am glad everyone just minds their own business and does their thing, and no one is paying much attention to this BBW.
and i have gotton back on my excercise bike. do a little, rest, do a little, rest.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:28 PM

sewNso, how wonderful that you are doing an exercise program. I'm impressed. No, you do not have to post your weight or weight loss at any time - just PM to Cindy if at the end of the month, especially if it's over 5 pounds or so. Some of us do because we are excited and have to tell someone. The dogs don't care as long as I keep my weight low enough so I can walk them.

Pizza was last week's taboo. We get an cyper space gold star if we are successful - I failed on the chocolate, but got my star for pizza week. This week is artificial sweeteners. I can claim that one now, too. What will Pam come up next week?? She welcome suggestions.

Pat, nice job. New clothes, new size and on sale.

I have been able to walk the dogs - the big one helps with my balance if I need her, but I haven't been to Curves or anything else. My idiocy with the chemicals set off my neurathapy so it's been a rough week, but it seems to be getting better. Weight went way up with the antibiotics, but I have been able to lose 2 of those pounds. It sounds on paper like I'm falling apart, but I'm not. I do hate having to go to the back of the closet for bigger jeans, but I'm glad I kept a few pair.

Almost all the blocks for the bazaar quilt on the wall and it's speaking to me. It wants a appliqued border and it's not going to happen. Too much work for a donation quilt when I have so many others I 'need' to make. I am behind on birthday Spicy Spirals.

I was going to mow the lawn today, but it keeps raining. From the sounds of the weather report, I will be mowing on Monday.

I have been drinking 16 ounces of water with the juice of a half a lemon when I first get up. It seems to help with the cravings - I don't know why.

Drink water, move your body, eat less and do something to lower your stress. Sounds easy, of course it isn't, but we can do it. WE ARE doing it. I haven't given my think in the present spiel lately. Please say I AM losing weight, not I will lose weight. We want it to happen now!

I AM losing weight and getting healthier - that is true. I have given up my heart meds and my blood pressure meds and I am fine.

Have a good day, y'all.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:31 PM

I have been trying to cut back on my carbs(flour, pasta etc) as I know this is what I need to do to lose faster. This is hard for me as I am a carb addict. I really wanted bread or pancakes the other day. I made a recipe I found online. They were really tasty. 1 banana mashed, stir in 1 egg and 1/8 tsp baking soda. Stir it up and drop into 4 pancakes on parchment paper. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.(mine didn't take that long). They were yummy and surprised me because they didn't really taste like banana.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:17 PM

I finished my mission project of 50 pair of pillow cases!!! I was so excited to put the last one in the box. Now to make some raspberry jam and send them on their way.

I have been soda (pop) free since Tuesday. I really have craved some, but it was the sweetner that my body was craving. Headache was expected and I lived with it.

Eating has been a challenge since I saw Mom yesterday. I wanted to eat the house. She wanted to go "home" and I told her she was home. "Don't lie to Me". So I went to a fabric store to look around. Much bette than going to the grocery store.

I get to go to a quilt show tomorrow. I'm so excited. Do I need anything - NO, but am sure I will see something that will want to come home with me.

I AM loosing weight and feeling better. Irish, I read where drinking water right away in the morning was so good for your body. So I have been doing it for couple weeks.

Pam, ideas for Tuesdays. Limit salt or use lemon in water.

Have a great weekend and BE GOOD TO YOU!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:26 PM

Di, I think the addition of the lemon to morning water helps clean out your liver and we all need that with all the toxins our environment. I'm sorry that visiting your mother is upsetting. How often do you go? You know she is the right place. Too bad she doesn't know it. Have you tried mediation - for you, not her? Congratulations on meeting your goal of 50 pair of pillowcases. They will be appreciated. Aren't they going to a reservation?

I'm going to our local guild's show tomorrow. I tried to join them, but there are a lot of strong personalities and I'm not going to pay money to be stressed. Plus, there are stairs in the meeting place so taking anything in was a challenge. Someone will say something tomorrow, but I felt good making the decision so it's okay. There is another QB member there who I do like and I assume I'll see her tomorrow. We have some very talented quilters in this area, so it will be a treat.

My granddaughter was transported 100 miles by ambulance today. They are going to induce labor or do a C section and want her in a hospital with a specialized neonatal unit. Her blood pressure sky rocketed, she has gestational diabetes, and the amniotic fluid is very low. Apparently it's time to welcome Liam into the world. He will be a little bouncing baby boy instead of a big bouncing baby boy, but he will be okay. We need a praying icon.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:34 PM

irish, i'm impressed. got rid of high blood pressure medicine and heart medicine. you must be wayyyyyy down. GOOD FOR YOU. congrats. yes, i'm doing the exercise classes. local. $2 for an hr. mostly senior citzens. but 40 of us, so he gets his gas money anyway. extra $1 if we stay for core 1/2 hr. i can only do some of them, but it's a start. the exercise class is really a chair exercise class with elastic bands. but we are sweating when we leave, and then the core class makes every muscle in your body quiver by the time you are done.
i seem to be managing the cravings. i just accept them, and try to ignore them. going to the basement to sew helps. had to clean the animal crackers out of the downstairs tho. did replace them with peanuts. which i really don't care for..... so that should help.
good luck to everyone during this last week.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:21 AM

where has this month gone. I can't believe it is almost over.

I am very grateful to be alive right now, 1 yr ago I was in the hospital thinking I had pneumonia and find out that I had lung cancer. Life is crazy and loves throwing us curve balls.

I have a job interview on Monday, I really want to get back to work. The other job my sister was trying to get me in at where she works , got that rejection letter......going with a more qualified canidate. I hate those. but it was not the job that God wanted me to have.

Ladies keep up your hard work. You will lose in the end. You are in control of what you do.

Irish- prayers for your niece and her baby.

Pat - congrats on being able to get into those Land's end pants. It feels great when we can get into a smaller size. and I know what you mean about being a carb addict. That is one of my biggest problems. We can and will succeed in our weight loss trials.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:07 PM

So far so good with my granddaughter and the baby. She is on bed rest to give the little guy a few more days for lung development. Too bad it's in a hospital a hundred miles from home.

Prayers are being offered for job, Cindy. May you be hired and the job be the right one for you. If it isn't, it will give you an income while you look for the perfect job.

I am chilled through. Today is 45 degrees with alternating sun, rain and hail. Wonderful weather for the CROP walk. As the registrar, I had to sit in the pavilion out of the sun (when it broke through) on concrete with a breeze/wind blowing. I had thought about canceling because of the neurathapy flare, but I was better this morning and I'm stubborn. I don't cancel easily. The apple/water station on the far side of the lake got pelted with big hail. They were out in the open as were the runners and walkers. No one called for pick up. Northerners are a tough bunch!

I need a nap - I have to get up too early on Sunday. I think I will put a potato in the oven to bake and go curl up with my warm furgirls.

Grilled chicken, baked potato and lots of tomatoes for dinner and raspberries for a snack later. That'll do for me. I had bean soup from a gourmet cook at the walk. I prefer my own old fashioned recipe, but it's nice of the restaurant to donate a huge amount of soup and wonderful rustic breads for the walkers. The black olive and cheese bread looked yummy, but no one would try it and tell me if it tasted as good as it looked.

Off for the nap, then my private CROP walk with Cheech and Chong. I raised $281, so I need to do a dedicated walk for my sponsors, even if it's not the same hours as most people. The routes were 2.2 miles, 3.5 miles and 7.5 (around the smaller lake). You know which one I'm choosing, LOL.

I am losing weight and getting healthier and so are you if you are accomplishing this week's taboo.
Judy
Old 09-23-2012, 07:54 PM

Has it really been a week since I posted?!? Last week got a little crazy I guess. I have maintained my weight loss though, I am sitting here at the computer in jeans that were too uncomfortable to wear last spring, and I had a crazy week because I have a job - so it's all good.

Pat I think mowing for 2 hours probably burned more calories than going to the gym. And the stress of work will most definitely hamper your weight loss. Hopefully you will be able to get out of that situation soon. Congrats on the Lands End pants, that is a real win-win!

Don't you think it's funny how many of us are afraid of of pressure cookers? My mom used hers frequently, but none of her daughters ever use one. Everose I will also be looking forward to your review of the electric pressure cooker. And I know what you mean about the stress eating, after visiting my Dad I usually crave sugar. Great job on the pillowcases! How was the quilt show?

Judy I haven't gotten a thank from my DS yet, maybe when he leaves home he will appreciate mom and dad more. Do you suppose if I drink a glass of water with a packet of True Lemon it will work? I will keep your GD and the little guy in my prayers.

Cindy how was the date??? Still keeping my fingers crossed for a successful job hunt for you.

Amy don't say you are only down 2 pounds, you are a success because you are closer to reaching your goal. Slow weight loss is more likely to be maintained. I went to your blog, looks like a fun group of gals.

sewNso good job on starting an exercise class, gotta move if you want to lose. I have starting with walking, but I need to do something to get rid of the belly.

Okay my here's my idea for a Tuesday Taboo, how about negative thoughts?