Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!! >

September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!!

September 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 09-23-2012, 09:02 PM

Laurie, Tru Lemon has sugar (evaporated cane syrup) and sugar is a toxin - though not a very damaging one, IMO, unless used to excess. So it would defeat the purpose of the lemon water. I'd use the real 1/2 lemon in the early morning and save the Tru Lemon for flavoring your water the rest of the day.

I haven't received a thank you from any of my daughters, either, so don't feel bad. Though the youngest one has been sweet about several hereditary defects I blessed her with includung no arch in the feet and a least two heart defects, plus muscle/ligament weaknesses. She says she'd rather be here with them than never having been born. Something tells me she may be a candidate for Lupus, too, but so far, so good there. A heart attack when she was 27 weeks pregnant was enough.

Lily and Moira thought I was goofy telling them our walk today wasn't for my exercise or their health, but for all the people women and children who don't have what they have - clean water,healthy food and good health. I got one of those Siberian looks from Lily - just keep walking, mom.

If you get a pressure cooker, don't put split pea soup in it. Enough said.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:55 AM

Laurie - I know any loss is a loss, and trust me, I'm tickeled!!!! So far, since staring this journey in the beginning of August I'm down 12 lbs. I had the 8 last month and and now 4 more. I think I've just become more aware of my food choices and what I put in my mouth. Although I do treat myself, but usually it's after a day of being really really good!! I think the most recent lb. loss was because my insides were giving me a fit, mostly sending me to the bathroom for 3 days, which made me scared to eat anything....LOL. Also, my shoulder froze up on me for no reason. I've been in pain in 2 ways for 3 days, but I'm great now!!!!

Got up early, showered and dressed. Laundry in, and up on the line. Cake baked (going to DM & DD's for crabs). Light breakfast over and getting ready to do a little walking. Then I have a quilt that needs to have a binding finished. Really looking forward to the crabs. Love being with my parents, DB and his wife. Parents are in their mid 80's and I try to spend as much time with them as I can. Making lots and lots of memories!!!

Oh, wanted to thank Pat Suttmiller - don't know her board name. She sent my winning fat 1/4 directly to me. Awesome fabric and I have plans for it. When I get what I'm doing with it done I'll post a pic. Again, Thank You Pat!!!!

Alright, time to walk. Whose with me? Come on girls, I'm doing my mile so I can come back and sew....have a great day and drink lots of water!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:52 AM

I'll do my morning walking behind a lawnmower, though with the heat broken, I can go back to a morning walk and an evening one with the furgirls instead of just late evening. I want to bake some apple pies. That says Fall to me.

Sew? I started putting my 4" blocks together into bigger ones last night. I reversed something in the first one, so the seamripper and I had a late night date. I've made two little flannel boards and will use those to get the blocks from the design wall to the sewing machine.

Have a clean eating day.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:03 AM

Good afternoon ladies,
my date was great, had on wednesday and then again on saturday.

One job my step sister was trying to get me in.......got the rejection letter saying they were going with more qualified people. Then I had one this morning which went very well, down fall with it is it is only part time but better than nothing. He said he will decide by the end of the week. And if I do get it, there are other locations I can help at to get more hours.

Keep up all your hard work and remember you are in control.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:50 PM

Cindy, glad to hear the date went well. I could not imagine dating again. That would be tuff. I am praying for the right job for you. I have a job with good insurance, just dont like it. I don't mind the hard work it is one of the people I work with. I am looking. NO luck so far. The stress of my job just isn't healthy. I wear mouth guard at night to keep me from destroying my teeth.
Countryhousequilter glad you liked the FQ. Make something for yourself out of it. You worked hard for it. Weight loss is going pretty good this month. It had better be I have been really good. Only things that aren't going like they should is I'm not drinking enough water and need to get rid of stress. It is hard to get enough water at work. First there isn't hardly time and I can't get to the bathroom enough if I drink that much. Working on it.
Healthy eating to all.
Pat
Old 09-24-2012, 04:00 PM

I drink plenty of water, but I still seem to put the 'obnoxious' foods in my mouth. I talk about making it better until I actually start to eat then I make stupid choices. Fortunately, though I haven't gained, but my loss is very minimal. Haven't weighed in two days - will first thing tomorrow. I like this week's taboo - negative thoughts. I didn't do well at all with last week's taboo - the artificial sweeteners - as I put an equal tablet in my coffee - and I drink about 3-4 cups each day. I don't do sodas, so maybe that isn't real bad. I need someone to fix my food and control my portions, I guess.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:24 AM

Taboo Tues> This week we are going to have two taboo's Ok here goes no negative thoughts!!!! Also, limit salt intake or beware of how much salt you use. Be sure to read your labels. Good Luck!!!!!

Any ideas still welcome. Also does anyone want to take this over I am having a few medical issues.

PamS
Old 09-26-2012, 04:35 AM

a daughter e-mailed me this morning. she is trying to lose wt. she told me that she is 'craving things'. i do also. sometimes it's almost too hard to bare. anyone else feel this way? how bad? sometimes, mine are so bad, i just have to go to bed early, or go to the basement to sew. been holding off so far. about 2 months into this diet. that's usually the length of time i stay on a diet, before i blow it all. and just chuck it. hoping not this time. trying to think, 'in a yr'.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
a daughter e-mailed me this morning. she is trying to lose wt. she told me that she is 'craving things'. i do also. sometimes it's almost too hard to bare. anyone else feel this way? how bad? sometimes, mine are so bad, i just have to go to bed early, or go to the basement to sew. been holding off so far. about 2 months into this diet. that's usually the length of time i stay on a diet, before i blow it all. and just chuck it. hoping not this time. trying to think, 'in a yr'.
I have it bad for craving carbs when I get depressed. I am doing what I can not to buy the stuff when I am out shopping sometimes it is hard. Keep up your hard work in resisting. I know how hard it is .
Old 09-26-2012, 09:26 AM

First of all, allow yourself what you're craving unless it's very unhealthy, but limit the amount. I 'need' chocolate, so I limit myself to 4 Dove chocolates a day. I love the research that says dark chocolate is good for your heart. Yes, I know Dove is not 70% cacao and therefore doesn't qualify, but the ones that high aren't as yummy. I'll settle for 60%. Crunchy?? The flavored rice cakes aren't bad if you portion them out. The sweet ones are too sweet for me, but the cheese and ranch are pretty good. Save some calories for a snack. A regular rice cake with a thin coat of peanut butter and honey used to satisfy my need for a crunchy snack after school.

The biggest craving stopper I've found is lemon water. 1/2 a lemon in 16 ounces upon arising and just lemon slices in water the rest of the day. Flavored teas? I love Tazo Zen. If you don't allow yourself some things that taste good to you, you cravings will increase (in my experience). The trick is finding what works for you and portion control. Don't take the whole bag to the eating area. Put the rice snacks on a pretty plate then sit down and enjoy them. Calories eaten standing in the kitchen do count. I bought some pretty painted plates clearanced at Pier 1, but they have to washed by hand. Bummer. Cindy's right. The control starts in the store. Trouble is you can binge on good stuff. I ate one apple plain last night. I wanted two apples cooked in brown sugar and butter with something creamy on top, all ingredients I have in the house. These extra pounds from the antibiotics are so damaging, I chose the apple. I hate weighing over a figure ending in 0 that I had already passed on my way down. Grr.

I went back to Curves yesterday. I thought last night I had crippled myself, but today I don't hurt any worse than I did before I went, so I guess I need to schedule that in until my free month is up.

Questions to use when you are confronted with good looking food:
Old question: Do I really have to have this?
New question: Am I even hungry right now?

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy