Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gratitude-Why do you appreciate Quilting Board? >

Gratitude-Why do you appreciate Quilting Board?

Gratitude-Why do you appreciate Quilting Board?

Old 09-25-2012, 08:21 AM

QuiltingBoard was the 1st to wish me happy birthday today...through an e-mail at 12:01am!!

That made my day!!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:49 AM

I love the pictures, they give a fresh outlook on quilts patterns I want to do and I love to hear stories of daily like of people living outside California, sometimes I am envious and sometime I am happy to live here, so much talent on this Board it keeps me humble as I learn something new every day and as I will be retiring next year I will be enjoying it even more. Thanks to all
Old 09-25-2012, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by leighway View Post
They say that gratitude precedes prosperity and without prosperity, the size of my stash suffers!!
I wanted to take a minute to thank all of you here on this board for the free sharing of information on products and techniques and sources. I've received the equivalent of a PhD by reading the posts.
What have you found that has made your life, as a quilter sooo much better by finding it on this board?
Boy! Where do I begin?!!! I'm trying to get back into sewing after a few years of just working on sewing machines, as in meching, and not sewing on them. I'm 79 and find that my memory is missing a few gears and it seems I've forgotten a lot of what I thought I knew. This Board has become such an Inspiration and wonderful source of help and encouragement! I have SO many bookmarks and subscriptions to threads and I have saved so much to reference I should be paying you all!! The only problem is that I spend so much time reading on the Board that I'm not getting much else done, LOL! A member of the Treadleon list posts info from here every once in awhile (are you there, Sally?) and that's how I found you. You are all such blessings and I thank you so much!!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 AM

Oh! Forgot something! I tend to become a recluse, esp in bad weather, and don't go out to socialize much. This place has become my "social network"! I love the threads like "Quirky Habits!"....I sat and laughed and identified so much with that one....it felt like a regular "hen's party", like you were all sitting in my living room sharing laughs as we sewed! And the sharing of ailments and remedies and encouragement....I'm amazed at how many of us have various disabilities and deal with them with our sewing and quilting. This is a wonderful place!!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 AM

Just Barb I agree with everything written on these 9 pages. I have never seen such a group of wonderful, caring, sharing, talented, unselfish people ever. I have learned so much in these last few months reading this script. The resources are terrific as is the advice. I thank each and everyone of you for sharing.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:50 AM

I have always hated blogs and bulletin boards - until now. This board is so unique and there are so many wonderful, helpful and kind people on it I read it everyday. I got into quilting because of it. Thank you just doesn't seem enough.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:06 AM

After reading through all of the posts here there isn't much more that I can add but when my brain quit working all I did was post my problem and I had the answer I needed and was able to change the needle in my machine and keep on sewing. I look forward to reading the posts and enjoying the beautiful quilts every day. Thank-you to the inspired individual or individuals that created this forum, and all the interesting people I have met here.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Members on this board are so caring and always ready to share. I have learned so much and made many friends. I have even met a few quilting board members.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 AM

Oh dear, where do I start? This board has enabled me to cultivate and grow my addiction to quilting. Every single day, I get a lesson from my fellow quilters. I learned to quilt at my mother's knee, so to speak, when I was "knee high to a grasshopper." Then I grew up, went to school, got married and raised a family. I quilted off an on during that time, making quilts for each of my children, then on to the grands. Now I quilt for anyone and everyone, including myself. I am thankful for all the suggestions, the "funnies" and the wealth of information. I get knowledge from the selection of fabric to the type of quilt that will go with that fabric. I get knowledge about what notion I absolutely can't live without and which notion may be a "luxury."
As someone else mentioned, I now have a PhD in all things quilted. I come to the board the first thing and read it while enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee. I get my fix and then I can go about my day. Thanks to all of you wonderful ladies and gentlemen that have contributed to my higher education. It is greatly appreciated. Also a word of graditude to the moderators, who work their little "butts" off and their fingers to the bone for us. Thank you. Thank you.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 AM

I love everything possible about the board and all the wonderful members. Because no matter where we live, someone will lend us a helping hand.
Members have shared so much information and tutorials for great projects small/large. My world is a better place with all of you in it.
Jan