Old 10-09-2009, 09:56 PM

Here we go...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-5616.jpe
Views:	42
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	5616  
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 PM

I tried to go back in and delete the first bmp file that I posted since you had to download it to view it but I couldn't figure out how.

They are Maltese. I keep them in full coat and groom them myself. Maltese don't have that doggy smell that a lot of dogs have and their personalities are just like that of small children. I talk to mine so much that I am convinced they understand every word I say.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:16 PM

It's ok. you did good. Oh my God, I'm in love with them. Have always adored the Maltese as long as I can remember! We have 2 Shih Tzus, Bogey and Cha Cha. Know what you mean about those childlike personalities. It's the same thing with Shih Tzus. They say they never tire of their toys - even in old age they still play with and adore them! I like the shih tzus for the non-shedding aspect and their affection - very very similar to the Maltese! I'm their only groomer also. You are right! They DO understand every word you say! And my Cha Cha knows when I am thinking about her!!! Incredibly smart. If you go to my other post "the smallest block is 1/2 an inch", you'll see their pics. Thanks so much for sharing your precious pics of your pets with me!
Old 10-10-2009, 12:10 AM

Very nice job you did. Really amazing. I tried it myself once and the miniquilts look horable... The smallest one are from one piece of fabric and the large one (in cm not in inches) count 20 pieces. So I think you did an amazing job to get so many pieces at so small size toogether! Wow! :thumbup:

[img]http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-U3NHLJD8.jpg[/img]
Old 10-10-2009, 12:14 AM

It would make a cute purse :D
Old 10-10-2009, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Maksi
Very nice job you did. Really amazing. I tried it myself once and the miniquilts look horable... The smallest one are from one piece of fabric and the large one (in cm not in inches) count 20 pieces. So I think you did an amazing job to get so many pieces at so small size toogether! Wow! :thumbup:

[img]http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-U3NHLJD8.jpg[/img]
Thank you Maksi for the nice compliment. I think you're right - 54 pieces is an awful lot to squeeze into a 3-1/2 inch length! Your quilts don't look that bad. You've got the right idea. With a little coaching, you'll be making minis better than ever! The one on the left has the right warm color family, but your scale is off. You have great fabrics, but the eye is drawn to the white fabric of the birds and that doesn't work. There's too much going on. The eye needs a place to rest. Yes, the bird fabric is overwhelming the precious heart in the center. It's just a matter of coordinating the right fabrics together and you'll have a winner! Don't give up on it yet. You can still do it, but look at some successful minis and you'll soon see how to get the hang of this. Then you'll be hooked on minis for sure.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
It would make a cute purse :D
It sure would or a cell phone case!!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
It's ok. you did good. Oh my God, I'm in love with them. Have always adored the Maltese as long as I can remember! We have 2 Shih Tzus, Bogey and Cha Cha. Know what you mean about those childlike personalities. It's the same thing with Shih Tzus. They say they never tire of their toys - even in old age they still play with and adore them! I like the shih tzus for the non-shedding aspect and their affection - very very similar to the Maltese! I'm their only groomer also. You are right! They DO understand every word you say! And my Cha Cha knows when I am thinking about her!!! Incredibly smart. If you go to my other post "the smallest block is 1/2 an inch", you'll see their pics. Thanks so much for sharing your precious pics of your pets with me!
I'll definitely have to go check out Bogey and Cha Cha. The non-shedding part is what first attracted me to the Maltese years ago. I've owned them for years and Whimsey & Doodle are #4 & 5. I am glad to see you have two. I think they are happier when you have a pair.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:05 AM

[quote=Maksi]Very nice job you did. Really amazing. I tried it myself once and the miniquilts look horable... The smallest one are from one piece of fabric and the large one (in cm not in inches) count 20 pieces. So I think you did an amazing job to get so many pieces at so small size toogether! Wow! :thumbup:

I love your block, especially the heart center.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:39 PM

Wow! You have more patience than I do. Great job!!