Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So Frustrated!! >

So Frustrated!!

So Frustrated!!

Old 09-25-2012, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by lap quilter View Post
I have a Husqvarna and I had the same issue once. I re-threaded the machine and re-loaded the bobbin until I was blue in the face. I even took it in to have the experts look at it. As it turned out, nothing was wrong with my machine nor my threading/bobbin loading technique. It was simply the brand of thread I was using. I traditionally use the Gutermann brand but ran out in the middle of a project. I had a comparable color in the Coats & Clark line so I used that. My machine did not perform well at all and I had a huge rat's nest on the bottom of the fabric, the tension messed up and the automatic thread cutter locked up. The experts at the shop asked what type of thread I use, and suggested that the brand might be the issue. We took out the C&C, got out another color of the Gutermann to try and the machine purred again. Strange, but true story! If you've tried all of the other options you've mentioned, plus this one, and still no luck then take it back to see if they will exchange the machine for you. Best of luck to you!
I'm using C&C thread. Maybe that's my whole problem!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 03:54 PM

I have that problem if the bobbin thread is in the case wrong and headed in the wrong direction (clockwise instead of counter clockwise). Also I do better if I put the thread spool itself is on upside down and unwinds from the front. Don't know why it makes a difference, but works better that way. (I have a PFAFF 2056)
Old 09-26-2012, 12:21 AM

there has been some problems with bobbin winding[[on this site ? where
Old 09-26-2012, 03:05 AM

My problem with my bernina is usually the thread itself. It is a very fussy machine and dislikes some threads.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:07 AM

I had a bobbin for some reason would not work and did the same thing. I used a different bobbin and everything work just fine. I found out from my dealer some boobins may have a flaw and will not work correctly.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:29 AM

Is there a phone number for customer support? Check your manual for this service.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:32 AM

Your dealer should help you. It is probably something very simple you are doing but buying through a dealer is a benefit you should take advantage of.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:40 AM

I've had similar problems & it usually was the bobbin wasn't in correctly or there was a very small piece of thread or lint under the bobbin case. The other thing to try is re-threading the machine. If those don't work go to the back of your manual under trouble shooting. If all else fails call the dealer where you purchased the machine & they might be able to tell you the problem on the phone & how to correct it.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:17 AM

I would change thread brands. I bought a Janome 6600 last fall and was about to tear my hair out. It despised Guterman thread. I fought and fought with it. Finally, it was suggested that I use Aurifil~not a problem since. She also likes Superior and Anton Robinson...go figure! I also bought some of those tiny little white teflon washers that fit down in the bobbin case. They seem to work also.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by NewbieToQuilting View Post
Ok, called the dealer and got a bit of help. I rewound bobbin & re threaded machine again and it seemed to do the trick. I could sew a nice straight line. Tried zigzag, miserable fail. It came out straight too! I have dealer stumped, so I guess I have to take it to dealer to fix. I hadn't even sewn 15 minutes on this thing. It better straighten up or I'm returning it!!!
RE the zig zag: Did you remember to adjust the stitch width?