Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST >

October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST

October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST

Old 10-08-2012, 11:45 AM

Let's see I should try making a hint for my secret pal. Ummm okay ...
you are south east of me
your zip code is 26 in total
You have a furbaby that "Woof's" and
your want list was one item.

Toodles,
Tricia
Old 10-08-2012, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
My sp pal gift is also ready to go.I will send it tomorrow. Zip adds up to 23.
I'm sure you must had made a typo - my zip is 32, so it could be me right?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 PM

Good evening everyone. I'm back - slowly typing with one hand - I used to be a speed typist, so this slow is really difficult. Went to the doctor this morning and, for the present, my broken shoulder doesn't need surgery. I'm to go back in two weeks and if new x-rays show improvement, it's healing and no surgery. If she doesn't like new x-rays, it's surgery to put a screw in. I'm opting for the no surgery. I have a new sling that is 'tied' to my body to keep the shoulder still. However, she did say I can sew! I'll just have to be very careful not to move the shoulder around.
i'm talking cross stitch projects only. Of course, no lifting of anything. I broke the left shoulder and of course, I'm left handed - quickly becoming ambidexterous.

SharonAnne, thanks for the info on shoulder therapy et al. I will be very careful - don't want the problems down the road. P.S. the cowl is simply gorgeous - wish it were mine.
Have one more item to finish for my Sps - then both boxes will wend their way wherever they're going.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:23 PM

OFF TOPIC:

Okay Ladies.... I have a dilemma and I am not sure how I feel about it. Here is the deal....
As you all know I have Meadow (who is a guide dog) and I want to bring him to the family Christmas this year and it is being held at dh's Aunt's home (she lives in a million dollar home and it looks that way as well) and I got an email today from Aunt's dh saying that we need to talk about the dog coming to their house for the family Christmas. We are planning on going to Chicago for a day as well during the vacation. We most likely be driving back and forth each day(not sure yet) So do I stand my ground and put my foot down and say that he is coming to bad deal with it. Or do I just say okay if he cannot come and not go to the family Christmas, and let dh go alone? What do you all of you think?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:34 PM

okies my swap partner box is going out tomorrow.. wed at latest, I have to get one thing I forgot to get, which is the one thing she really wants.. but I can get that on the way to the post office.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

Sega, I say foot down...he is your guide dog...family!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
OFF TOPIC:

Or do I just say okay if he cannot come and not go to the family Christmas, and let dh go alone? What do you all of you think?

Meadow is part of your family and especially now is not the time to leave him behind. Stand your ground and if his family can't deal with it don't go. I don't always go to my dh's family gatherings because they are always loud and festive and wears me out within minutes. Meadow is part of you now and if he isn't welcome then they are basically saying you are not welcome. I am sorry I hope this all works out for the best.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
OFF TOPIC:

Okay Ladies.... I have a dilemma and I am not sure how I feel about it. Here is the deal....
As you all know I have Meadow (who is a guide dog) and I want to bring him to the family Christmas this year and it is being held at dh's Aunt's home (she lives in a million dollar home and it looks that way as well) and I got an email today from Aunt's dh saying that we need to talk about the dog coming to their house for the family Christmas. We are planning on going to Chicago for a day as well during the vacation. We most likely be driving back and forth each day(not sure yet) So do I stand my ground and put my foot down and say that he is coming to bad deal with it. Or do I just say okay if he cannot come and not go to the family Christmas, and let dh go alone? What do you all of you think?
Perhaps, she is just inquiring to his level of training at this time, I say talk to her. He is a well trained dog and she might not be familiar with all of the training. Share with her how essential is it for Meadow to be with you. After the discussion she have her arms open for your entire family to visit including Meadow. I think the communication is key and many family difficulties happen because we don't talk to each other. Then you can decide what you want to do if she is indeed wanting to say no guide dog but I will pray for the best.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:11 PM

Susan, I agree - Meadow is now part of you and should be included. But, that being said, perhaps aunt is worried about fur and such associated with animals - bet she doesn't have any! She may not realize how much you depend on Meadow for every day living. I agree with Vicki - talk with her first before you make any decisions - then, if you "boycott" gathering, it's for good reasons. Come have the holidays with me in Tennessee - I'd love to have you, hubby AND Meadow!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:33 PM

Does she understand that Meadow is "working" and not horseplaying? Maybe explaining the difference might be helpful. Maybe sugguesting that she will part of the training process, she would be helping in keeping you safe in the near future. Does she understand that Meadow will now be a permanent member of the family and will be expected to go where you do. That Meadow will be you safe in her home and in public in general. I think if you make her part of the training process - she might be more understanding. Offer to do a demo as part of the gathering so that all members actually see & understand the difference from working or pet dog. I don't know... just some random thoughts.

Tricia