Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 10/14? >

Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 10/14?

Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 10/14?

Old 10-14-2012, 05:39 AM

I am going to try after church -so it will be afternoon. Have a counted cross stitch partial top from a friend
that I plan to make a small quilt --cutting is done so it's doable. Thanks for the push as it's raining anyway.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:39 AM

Hi, my name is Mary i have been here for awhile posted a couple times, i love what this board has to offer i can not get threw the day with out you all lol . I would love to come sew with you, i am working on a baby quilt for a new grandoughter mom said elephants lol what a choir for me, appliquie for me. so i will hopefully be checking back in later with more progress. i need to do boarder and quilt, not to great at the free motion but i do it any it made with ;love will try to post pics after im done.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:46 AM

Today is the 14th and after i work a couple hours this a.m. then go to a church dinner with 2 friends I will be coming back home to sew on some charity quilts or work on a bag that i got the pattern for last night.....looks easy enough, I hope.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:00 AM

I'm in! Working on an applique pony quilt for my DGD who will be 4 on Thursday and need to get it finished asap. I'm not even through with the appliques. I'm getting off so I can get busy. I'll be checking in during the day!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Banned

Oh how I wish I could, I have my quilt all ready for quilting - it will be my first to quilt myself and try out my new Dreamweaver sewing machine. but family Birthday's will keep me from quilting I am afraid, unless it is much later tonight, by then I am sure I will be too tired. Grandbaby has had me up since 5:30am. She got in ants yesterday and bless her heart her feet and legs are covered in bites. Horrible looking and the itching woke her (and me) up. Y'all have fun, I am jealous.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:15 AM

Here is what I have done so far this morning. The snowflakes are going to Elisabrat for the Christmas tree she is putting up in a nursing home. There are 24 in all, some are on white sparkle organza with yellow/gold thread. The others are on gold sparkle organza with gold metallic thread. I can't believe how well they stitched, with no thread breakage problems. I think it is Madeira metallic, know it is NOT Sulky.[ATTACH=CONFIG]369593[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]369594[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010620(1).JPG
Views:	159
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	369593   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010621(1).JPG
Views:	225
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	369594  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:24 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dollyo View Post
I'm having a quilting weekend w/my cousin, SIL, and niece. We will continue today. We are making the "Pure Comfort" wraps (link posted here, of course) for an assisted living facility where my SIL is an occupational therapist. There are some residents that don't have anyone or don't have anyone that troubles to visit. We are making 12 of them for Christmas. From yesterday, we have 3 tops almost done. I will be quilting them on the frame today, while the others piece. Hope to have 6 tops completed today w/3 of them quilted and bound. It will probably take at least one more weekend to complete.
That is awesome. I have only read a few posts and have seen several really great ufo's being worked on today....I will be joining as my company is leaving and my 17 year old grandson will probably just want to chill today before he starts his 3 hour journey home......I have a guild quilt that I have volunteered to put the binding on...so, that will be my first project....hand stitching will be done later at a time I decide I really need to watch television.....then I need to complete at least 1 pirate hat for our Halloween costumes......and then HOPEFULLY, work on my BOM or my quilt challenge......Count me in!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 AM

I'm back to check in...I have to take frequent breaks when I'm FMQ a big quilt. I've done a dozen or so blocks and need to stretch my neck and shoulders... So, I took a few minutes to put a layer of spray paint on the dowels I'm going to use to hang a couple of these: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5584410

It's great to see so many here to today, and what a wonderful variety of projects we are working on!

Last edited by azwendyg; 10-14-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:04 AM

I'm in-doing a baby quilt for a friend who just found out her and her husband are going to be Grandparents-and got a presentation pillowcase done to be included with my "Quilt of Valor Quilt" to be sent out tomorrow to one of our Wounded Warriors in Afghanistan-it was requested by the Chaplains over there-so proud of our Men and Women serving in our armed forces, and just wanted to thank one of them-this is not going to be my last-a long armer in Michigan did the topping and might I say she did a beautiful job, I did the binding yesterday and washed it to go out tomorrow. Happy Quilting Everyone.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:05 AM

Hi i will be joing in on the sew in today working on an elephant quilt for 2 week old grandoughter. let all have a blessed day. I LOVE THIS