Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ? >
  • Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ?

• Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ?

Old 10-22-2012, 04:02 PM

Me too...cannot resist!
    Old 10-22-2012, 04:26 PM

I would like to sign up also, will send pm. I know what I am thankful for, Chicken soup and a big box of tissues, warm feet and niquil, in hopes that one day very soon I will be able to talk normal and breathe right! (recovering from the Crud I picked up while on vacation!)

Marybeth
    Old 10-22-2012, 05:06 PM

I am in......Thanksgiving is a very special time and my DQ is almost done for NOV as I will be in Australia from NOv. 6 to DEC and will not (sigh) be celebrating thanksgiving. So my partner whoever she or he may be will get their quilt very early in November. Already PM'd you.
    Old 10-22-2012, 05:08 PM

Oh Marybeth hope this didn't interfer with your run. Get well soon. I hate having the creepy crud. Me I have been battling allergies. Wish they would go away.
    Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 AM

There is a nasty crud going around!! Keep yourself hydrated!!
    Old 10-23-2012, 08:01 AM

Thanks Barb, I hope it won't The run is on Nov 4th, If I can get out and run by Friday I should be OK. I am using Musinex hopefully it will get rid of it fast!

I was thinking for this DQ month I am really going to step out on a limb and do a soft art picture. I will be experimenting a little this week, since I am now the one home alone, with lots of time to just feel better!

I love the theme for November, Being Thankful will be a fun subject to work with!
    Old 10-24-2012, 12:46 AM

Welcome home booger nose kid! WE MISSED YOU. Your tougher than a cold you have worked so hard for this run have faith. I do. It is usually the first four or five days that suck the most then your just counting til its over. no fun. add whiskey to that hot coffee help with the cough and all sleep also helps with that too.

Still sitting on the fence this month. I pulled out some turkey fabric if that counts as truly thinking about it. AND NO PUSHING FROM BEHIND ME either to get me to sign up. I know those sneaky tricks. on to you guys.. thinking thinking..
    Old 10-24-2012, 01:19 AM

i refuse to think on this one, and that's what i'm grateful for--no thoughts in my head, and no snot either! but will be getting the shingles shot--yuck! already had my flu shot. no allergic reaction this year since i got the one without the stuff i'm allergic to. yay! when my partner tells me what they are thankful for i will then get to work. in one week i will be headed for dallas to see my little cocopuff! she is the brightest star in my sky! it was nice of her parents to make her for me! they should make another one, for themselves! lol! yes, there's room in my heart for about a dozen more!! at least!
    Old 10-24-2012, 03:19 AM
    Swap Hosts

Nancia, do get that shingles shot. Melissa, my son's fiancee, is 28 years old and she has shingles!!! She was supposed to start a new job on Saturday but on Friday morning she woke up with disgusting blisters on her abdomen. Blech.

Elisabrat ... turkey fabric! Sounds like you're halfway there ...
    Old 10-24-2012, 08:04 AM

OOOOHHHHH! what a good idea. Wait to see what your partner is thankful for. I was thinking of all the stuff I was. And that was just getting out of control. How to narrow it down. You know what, I have until mid November so I guess I will join this month!! Maybe sister can help me decide. I have seen people with shingles and heard the horror stories. I am getting the shot on Nov 3 along with the flu shot. When we had our store, I worked on Sundays and there was a sweet heart of a gentleman that came in for the Sunday paper. He had been fighting shingles for months. He said it was awful and his doctor gave him everything known and he did some holistic stuff, as well, I believe. That poor man nearly cried just talking about the pain.