Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Yet another newbie sucked into the addiction... >

Yet another newbie sucked into the addiction...

Yet another newbie sucked into the addiction...

Old 10-15-2009, 07:52 AM

Welcome from Middle of Michigan. You will enjoy this addiction to the extent that you will probably drive your family nuts! I do mine! Since you're new to quilting let me encourage you to label all your quilts and take pictures and put them in an album to show(read brag) them or just for your own sense of accomplishment or in my case-because i cant always remember what i did for who. again welcome to this site-its a great bunch of quilters.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:57 AM

Hi and welcome from far northern California. Seems we have the same addiction. I sure hope there's never a 12 step program for this addiction. I would never join. LOL Glad to have you be part of us.

That happened to me 18 years ago. A friend did not want to take a quilting class alone so I went with her. She quit the class early and here I am 18 years later. I do not consider it an affliction or addiction but rather a gift. Not everyone gets this present to open, we are the lucky ones. I have been blessed to be able to make lots of charity quilts and quilts of all kinds for my family. I also just finished one to enter in a show. I hope to get that picture posted today. Welcome aboard, may all your days be happy quilty days.

I was a newbie 40 years ago and still not over the addiction. Can't wait to go to the next quilt shop, quilt show or to guild and I'm 76. Now I am parting with some fabric and I must have duplicates and more of any item. It is a wonderful addiction and everyone is happy that they know this quilter...When I need a gift I head for the fabric and I'm ahead of the game. Enjoy
Old 10-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mylovngheart
"Only a Quilter would spend more
hours sewing several hundreds of buttons on a quilt to
embellish it, but wouldn't take five minutes to replace
a button on a pair of pants."
I added 168 buttons on a quilt instead of ties....and the mending pile grows and grows.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:53 AM

Hello from Michigan.....I am a quilter and addicted.......I love it!!! I've come a long way and I thank my fellow quilting Bee members for that, at 39 I'm the youngest member and I love to remind my frined in the group who is the next youngest at 50 of this fact. this is my first post, I joined the Newsletter last week. All of you seem wonderful and I look forward to "talking" to all of you.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:59 AM

I love your I'm a quilter and my house is in pieces.....thats fits most of us.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:59 AM

Hello.

I'm also a newbie. I sewed for years...made my girls' clothes, etc, and loved it. When I started working full time there was no time. We finally gave away my old Kenmore machine. A retirement goal was to learn to quilt, so I bought a new machine, took some lessons, and Bingo! I'm hooked.

We took the doors of a closet, painted the inside and installed a little nook for me to sew. The rest of the small room has a twin bed and my desk and bookcase...but it is a ROOM OF MY OWN! Finally.

This is a great board!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:04 AM

Good for you WELCOME, what kind of machine did you get? I have a Saphire quilter and I love it.

hey Space is Space....I have a corner in our seldom used living room and that works for me for now. We have a Family Room where the TV is so I get plenty of "me" time in the living room creating, sometimes the furniture is covered with fabric and projects and things I'm working on.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:49 AM

Since we are all confessing we are addicted,I took over my dining room for my sewing room. There I said it ,it is out in the open ,the world knows now. I moved the table into the living room. Since my kids are all grown we eat at different times,and mostly in front of tv.Its not completely straightened yet,but I can get to my sewing machine and ironing board.And guess what dinner still taste great on tv trays at holidays. having every thing together is wonderful.I tell my kids when I get old I will be the Quilt lady of AuGres,at least I won't be the cat lady. Has any one every got over this addiction? I hope I never do,not even going to try