Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tuesday Morning Knock off fabric >

Tuesday Morning Knock off fabric

Tuesday Morning Knock off fabric

Old 10-24-2012, 10:07 AM

I have purchased FQ bundles, charms, and jelly rolls from Tuesday Morning. All were Westminster/Rowan/Free Spirit fabrics and so far I have cut one of the FQ bundles for a quilt (no flaws, no fading when washed and they felt great). I asked a corporate TM person who was in the store (I was in Virginia visiting family) if she knew the deal on the fabric. Her answer was they look for the opportunity to purchase these "Beyond Date" fabrics for their customers. Then she said, "I guess fabric doesn't expire on a certain date." I look at it this way- they are just past collections, not current collections. If you like the fabric, then get it.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:12 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by CheetoGuido View Post
Hello Ladies, I thought i would come to you first for advice. I found knock off Riley Blake Farm Fresh precuts at my Tuesday Morning store. They had the same Farm Fresh name but from a different company and it said made in China. Do you think they would hold up in a quilt? The looked very close to my real fabric as far as color. And they were priced very nicely!
Thanks!
I saw those also and they had a good feel to them it seemed. I bought some for a gift.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by judylg View Post
I am not knocking quilt stores, but savings is savings, why not?
I agree. I try and shop locally, but when a local stores prices are high, I will shop the store where the better deal is. Even if it is a discount chain store (Wally World, JoAnns, Hancocks etc.)
Old 10-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

i have used fqs from there and have had no problem juts be sure it feels good some will say all cotton
Old 10-26-2012, 07:56 PM

artsyone: I like your "profile" quilt picture. Where can I find that pattern?
Old 10-27-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by craftyneedle View Post
artsyone: I like your "profile" quilt picture. Where can I find that pattern?
I'm not artsyone, but the quilt in her avatar is a Bento Box, I've made several. Its an easy quilt to make, works well in just a few fabrics or totally scrappy.
Sharon
Old 10-27-2012, 10:09 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

you can always buy it and if you decide its not to your liking return it... or if its cheap enough keep as scrap to practice making new blocks on..
Old 03-12-2016, 09:40 PM
Power Poster

I bought some of that too. It's was not a knock off. Not seconds either. When the fabric lines are done with production for a season, then they close out that line (Farm Fresh or any other) and move on to new ones. Then the old lines become very reasonably priced. They go to clearance houses like Marshall's Dry Goods and Tuesday Morning. The only exception to this I have seen are many of the Rowan designer fabrics. Amy Butler fabric from ten years ago is still being restocked and sold in quilt shops, and so are the prints by Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

I have some Riley Blake fabric bought at a quilt shop. The bolt end said made in China. I shop Tuesday Morning for quilt notions and fat quarter packs. There is always something different coming in. Tuesday Mornings gets the left overs from the upscale dept stores and boutiques. Big Lots which is owned by the same company gets the left overs from discount dept stores. I make it a point to know the wherefores of the stores I shop in. Using internet it's simple to find out.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:28 PM

I've bought fabric at TM and it's fine--let your fingers decide is great advice. I think most are either as Jan explained--something off on the printing, or they are last season's designs. There are a couple of fabric discount stores in Springfield MO (and probably all over) that buy up those out of season designs and sell at reduced prices--brand names and just fine. Like someone said, buying up overstock and out of date is what TM and Big Lots do to get those good prices.