Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting Christmas List >
  • Quilting Christmas List

• Quilting Christmas List

Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by jeanharville
    I think I just bought my Christmas gift. While at the Georgia Quilt show, I bought a new Pfaff Expression 2.0. I love the 10" harp and the beautiful stitches. I'm going to sell my Pfaff 2056. It's a great machine too, but the harp is 6.75". I have quilted on it, but 10" is much easier.
    Way to go, girl! have fun.
    Old 10-31-2012, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl
    Last year I asked for a gift certificate to my LQS. I got a larger certificate than I expected - it paid for a long arm class and 2 extra hours using the shop's long arm! I will ask for LQS certificates again this year, but I would really like to have a vintage Singer 301! (Seriously doubt I get that.) But, as always, I am grateful for whatever I receive!
    I have been thinking of the LA class so this would be a good certificate...Thanks!
    Old 10-31-2012, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth
    I had asked for a wedding, but we have to wait until next year. One would think that at age 70 we could do what ever we want!
    Well, now, just wait a second here! Do it, gal, time's a wasting!
    Old 10-31-2012, 03:47 PM

I wanted to bring home the new sewing machine I've been saving for. Turns out I may get my wish!! I'm so excited I can hardly wait!!! I've saved most of it, but DH is going to take care of the rest. He's the best!! He was so sweet during vaca...DD took me to her fave thrift shop to get fabric scraps. They had lots!! We did this twice! :-) The day before we left they'd gotten another load in & she said she'd been conflicted as to calling me to tell me or not. DH said he didn't care if I got more fabric because he knows that whatever I get will be worth way more in what I make with it! Isn't that sweet?! No wonder I love him so! :-)
    Old 10-31-2012, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz
    I don't have anyone to buy me nice quilty gifts for Christmas, since my divorce. But I am seriously considering dropping by my LQS and asking them to make me up a "Surprise package" for a set amount of $. How sad is that?
    Not sad!! A good idea! I may try that. I love suprizes!
    Old 11-03-2012, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz
    I don't have anyone to buy me nice quilty gifts for Christmas, since my divorce. But I am seriously considering dropping by my LQS and asking them to make me up a "Surprise package" for a set amount of $. How sad is that?
    Not sad at all! Sounds like a very good thing to do!
    Old 11-03-2012, 08:26 PM

I have 11 grandchildren and four of them I have never met. My greatest gift for Christmas would be to have them all with me for a week... even a day would be such a treat.
    Old 11-03-2012, 10:46 PM

My dh has asked what I want - and can't really think of anything. Maybe another pair of good scissors and a gift certificate for Connecting Threads. I'm blessed that all my children and grandchildren will be here a few days after Christmas. Couldn't ask for more. To top it off 2 sil's like to do the cooking!!!!!
    Old 11-04-2012, 04:38 PM

I really wish my husband would make me up Quilt basket of goodies like pinking shears, fat quarters, thread , buttons and other embellishments it would be nice but I am sure he won't. Men just don't listen do they