Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
New cabinets for my fabric stash >

New cabinets for my fabric stash

New cabinets for my fabric stash

Old 11-04-2012, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by imnywoman View Post
Oh wow! Fabulous, that is a room to die for!! I have a similar room that was my 18 y/o. He joined the Army and I was dreaming of taking it over. Mind if I copy?? lol!! I don't think my husband will be quite as helpfull as yours.
Patti, I posted it for inspiration-feel free to copy! And I will admit that it was not an original idea-I was inspired by this picture http://www.bhg.com/decorating/storag...keover/#page=1
Old 11-04-2012, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by WMD926 View Post
We moved recently and I finally have a sewing room but it is small and made smaller with dressers around holding my material. I think this would really save some space and make the room feel more spacious. Thanks for posting! I copied these to show my husband.
Thank you! I am glad you were inspired by my pictures. I think organization is the key to giving us more space-good luck!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by cowgirlquilter View Post
What an amazing space.......can we come visit?????
Come on over! I'd love to give you a tour and show off my room. We can have a cup of tea and some show and tell, too.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by morelcabin View Post
I think that is the nicest studio I have ever seen! He did a wonderful job...do you think I can borrow him for two months? LOL! You are one lucky lady!
Thanks so much, Tammy. But, I'm afraid that I can't loan out my hubby....I would miss him way too much.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by alfosa421 View Post
WOW!Are they all full of stash?
Yes, they are all full. I confess that I have a fabric addiction. But, in my defense, I worked in a quilt shop for quite a while and when it went out of business the owner paid my salary in fabric I am very generous, though, and I share with my friends all the time.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by My time View Post
Wow aren't you blessed? This is such a beautiful space. What type of sewing machine do you have??
Thank you! I am blessed!

I have a Bernina 150 QE (that's the quilter's edition-that means it came with a quarter inch foot and a walking foot). I don't think they make it any more. I got it in 2000. It was a floor model, so it had a few miles on it and I got a nice deal.

I also have an old Singer Featherweight that I take to classes-got it on EBay and it sows like a dream.

In March 2011, I got a Handi-Quilter Sweet Sixteen-it is their sit down long arm. There is no frame or carriage-it's in a table and you move the fabric under the machine just like you do with your domestic machine. I love it! I figured out that in 20-25 quilts I will have it paid for because I was sending everything out to have it quilted and it was getting expensive!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 PM

You do have a awesome sewing room! I would love to have your organization skills! I'm jealous
Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM

Wonderful!!! My dream to have all available & organized. Congrats---------
Old 11-04-2012, 09:27 PM

This is beautiful!
I must stop looking on here! I somehow have visions of grandeur when I see beautiful rooms like yours. I tell myself that if only I had a room like that my sewing would be perfect! I do know better than that. I have a sewing room already and in fact just painted it and it is more than I will ever need and I do love it.

You have an amazing husband and a wonderful room. Enjoy every minute in it. And.....if by chance it does improve your sewing and quilting, please don't tell me!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:40 PM

I love the size an layout of your room. It's a bright, welcoming place. I'm happy for you and know you will make many wonderful projects there.